Sunday, August 3, 2008

One of Those Days

Have you ever had "one of those days"? Sure, everyone has them. I was out doing a little shopping this afternoon and when I got back in my car, it wouldn't start. I made several calls, for help, but no one was available. Fortunately, I was right in front of two restaurants, so while I was waiting for the tow truck, which was 1 1/2 hours, I had a nice little lunch and called everyone I could think of.

By this time, I was wishing that I had bought that Blackberry. I kept hoping that a man with a big truck who knew how to fix cars would pop up. No such luck. When the tow truck guy finally arrived, I had to ride with him to the mechanic's shop. There I left a note for the mechanic and hid the key under the mat, in the back seat. This way, I wouldn't have to get up at 7:00 am to bring him the key.

By this time, I was hot, tired and thristy and had to ask the tow truck guy for a ride home, too. Since I didn't want him to know exactly where I lived, I asked him to drop me off a few blocks away. Well, as soon as I walked about a half block down, it started to rain hard, then very hard.

And, of course, my umbrella was in my car. So when I arrived home, soaking wet, what else was there to do except take a nice hot shower and have a glass of wine or two and be thankful that I was alive. Cie la vie!

No comments: