Monday, May 2, 2011

Lots More Festival Fun ! - Days 3 and 4


Day 3

One of my oldest and dearest girl-friends came into town on Friday and we started off at Agave Mexican Restaurant and Cantina for a frozen Margarita, before heading to the first show of the evening. And on the way over we walked through the Marche' du Monde, an International Arts and Crafts marketplace.  And as usual, I couldn't resist buying a dress from my favorite booth and a cute little handbag, too.

 

Then it was time for the show and Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys were taking the stage when we arrived. There was a huge crowd and people were dancing in the aisles and anywhere else they could find.


There is usually a large area right in front of the stage that is marked off for dancing, but for some reason it was eliminated this year. So, it kinda gave a new meaning to "your 2 square feet of dance floor".


Here's a little clip that I took of the hot two-steppin' going on at Scene Chevron. The Krewe de Canaille was out in full force.This one's for you, Sandy! Lookin' good, girl!

Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys



After all this dancin', we were in dire need of refreshment and we headed over to the LUS Pavillion de Cuisine. The lines were long, but I finally managed to get this Crawfish-Spinach Bread Bowl and downed it along with 2 bottles of water. Divine! Click here  for my recipe for this Cajun treat.


Then, it was on to Scene TV 5 Monde, to see the Rythym and Roots Review with artists from Quebec, Cameroon, France, and New Brunswick. This was a fantastic show and there was a beautiful breeze.


Day 4

By Day 4 of this festival, you're really in a groove and it seems like you can't remember what your life was like, before the festival. Means you're having a blast! We started out at Scene Popeyes for Keith Frank and the Solieau Zydeco Band. Since it was Saturday, and the first full day, there was an enormous crowd and they were in full party mode!



Keith Frank and the Soileau Zydeco Band





Afterwards, it was warm and humid and we decided to cool off at The Filling Station Pub and Grille.  A nice cold beer with one of my favorites that I picked up along the way, Crawfish Nachos. Cest bon, cher!


After resting a little while, it was time for the next show, with Feufollet rockin the crowd, back at the Boomer Tent, better known as Scene Chevron. One of my faves and so much fun!


The crowd was lovin' this band and there was a whole lot of boogie-in' going on. They were really cranking it up, just as the sun was going down. I ran into one of my old gal pals from Zachary and want to dedicate this next clip to her. This one's for you, Dodie!



Feufollet



To be continued..... Yes, there's more, so stay tuned for the finale' because I'm saving the best for last!  Meanwhile if you want to see more of my videos, you can go here,  to my YouTube channel. And be sure and rest up, because we have the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival, coming up THIS WEEKEND, and you won't want to miss it! Lassiez les bon temps rouler!

Wishing you all a wonderful week, filled with good times! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

16 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Does the partying never end down your way? I could stand one of those frozen margaritas right now. And those crawfish nachos sound pretty good--sounds like you'all are Mexing it up down there.

Thanks for the kind comment you left me.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Joanne said...

I would love to browse the Marche' du Monde and find some really unique things. Love the fashion going on in that booth!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

You are the most fun blog to visit... I am feeling my need for Cajun building.

Drick said...

just can't stand all the fun you guys are having - don't stop... and don't stop eating and sharing these mouth-watering fun festival foods either

Anonymous said...

What a blast, great great pictures...Now the trick is...having mine turn out that good!

California Girl said...

Miss reading your lively blog. I'm back from vaca but haven't posted much either. Good to see you're still kicking up your heels and having fun!

Pam said...

What a blast! You really know how to party! The food sounds great and the music is perfect. And I'm soooo jealous of your warm weather too.

Eddie Bluelights said...

What stamina LOL - and part 5 to follow - amazing! I think you might need an ambulance man perhaps at this rate. LOL It is great to see you enjoying yourself, cher ~ Eddie

Martha said...

Whoo-hoo! What fun - and the food is amazing as always!!

Magic of Spice said...

How fun that your friend got to join you :) That market place sounds wonderful...just what I can make out of those sun dresses, fun! And I must try Crawfish Nachos, delicious!!!

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

Looks like a blast! We were in the quarter for the weekend. I will be doing some post soon.

Marguerite said...

Lee- You know it doesn't ever end and we've got the Crawfish Festival, this weekend. Yes, Caj-Mex cuisine is very popular here. You're welcome, cher, and thanks for stopping by!

Joanne- This is a fantastic marketplace and I love this booth! I buy a dress, every year and almost need a closet just for them! :)

Dave- Hey cher, great to hear from you! Thanks for your sweet comment and for coming by! Come on by for your Cajun fix, anytime! lol

Drick- Well, you could get in your car and drive over and join the fun! lol It's not that far! The Crawfish Festival starts Friday!

ffd- Thanks so much for the lovely compliment and for stopping by! So glad you enjoy them! I just aim and shoot! lol

Cal. Girl- So glad that you dropped by! Thanks so much for your nice comment. Yeah, still having a blast! Wish you were here! Cheers!

Linda Starr said...

I don't need to go anywhere to party, I can party right on your blog, what fun.

Marguerite said...

Pam- Thanks for your nice comment! It was a blast and I'm going to two more festivals this weekend! And the weather is gorgeous! Wish you were here!

Eddie- The stamina goes with the territory, cher! lol So much stimulation and fun keeps you UP! Thanks for the offer, I may need one after this weekend! lol

Martha- It's all so much fun, cher, and thanks, the food is fab! Hope you were serious about moving here!

Spice- Yes, it was, we go way back and had a blast! That market is dangerous and I have to control myself or I would spend a fortune. Thanks, hope you try them!

cajunlicious- It was! Can't wait to hear all about it! Guess you went to Jazz Fest? I'm going on Sunday and can't wait!

Linda- Thanks for the sweet compliment, cher! so glad that you enjoy it! Have a great weekend!

Pat Tillett said...

Man! Do you ever enjoy a good time!
You are one active and social lady!
Great post! (It made me tired)

Marguerite said...

Pat- Having a good time is what a Cajun does best! Next to cooking, that is! lol Glad you enjoyed it!