Friday, September 30, 2011

More Cajun Tailgating Faves + Festival Time

With football season now in full swing and a cool front blowing in,  it's a perfect time to fire up the grill for some delectable Cajun tailgating faves. Whether it's a gathering to watch the Ragin' Cajuns, New Orleans Saints, or the L.S.U. Tigers, these fabulous treats will please your family and guests and have them coming back for more.  Cest bon, cher!

Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sliders

6 portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Few shakes of Tabasco

1 pkg. slider rolls or dinner rolls
3 tbs.'s melted butter
Creole mustard
Lettuce
Tomato and red onion slices

Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Place caps in a shallow pan, with gills up. In small bowl combine the marinade and pour evenly over mushroom caps and let stand for 1 hour. Remove from marinade and place mushrooms directly on a medium hot grill or place in a grill pan and grill for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, half way through. Meanwhile, brush slider rolls with butter and grill for 5 minutes on indirect heat. Place Creole mustard on bottom half of rolls, then lettuce, then mushrooms, then onions, and tomatoes. Enjoy! Fab!

*******
Grilled Cajun Meatballs En Brochette

1 lb. bacon, cut in half
 2 lbs. lean ground beef
1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce
1 red onion, chopped fine
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tbs. Cajun seasoning
2 tbs.'s Creole mustard
1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1  small can chopped green chilies
Salt and Tabasco to taste

Soak wooden toothpicks in water for 15 minutes. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except bacon, and form into 2 inch meatballs.  Wrap each meatball with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Grill on medium heat for about 10  minutes, brush with BBQ sauce, turn,  brush with more bbq sauce, and grill for 10  more minutes or until bacon is crisp. Makes 24 Out of this world!


And here are a few more of my faves.

Ultimate Cajun Nachos





Click here for recipe.

Crab Stuffed Jalapenos






Click here for recipe.







  Bon appetit!

I'll be sharing these at ~
Sunday Showcase Party

*******
Festival Time

We're only two weeks away from the best festival of the year, which also happens to be my favorite. Festival Acadiens et Creole celebrates all things Cajun and Creole and is a three day blow-out with lots of fabulous food, incredible music, and so much more. For for a complete schedule, click here. Here's a little clip that I took of Kevin Naquin and the Ossun Playboys,  rockin' the crowd at last year's festival. Crank it up for this one, cher, and let the good times roll!



I'd like to extend a warm welcome and thanks to all of my new followers. Hope ya'll have a fun and fantastic weekend. Merci beaucoup for stopping by.

23 comments:

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Great food choices. The meatballs are called moinks in the meat smoking world, its because you have pig and cow and they get smoked for a good few hours. Very tasty.
Take care...

Anonymous said...

Fanatstic array of foods you have tabled up here:)

Dee said...

I'm so jealous lol! Enjoy the festival cher'!

Joanne said...

Moinks? Too cute! Only here at Cajun Delights would I learn something new like that :) Wow, they look good!

Big Dude said...

The meatballs look awesome and I wish I had enjoyed watching LSU last week.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Yummy, those meatball look something to die for. I was so enthusiastic I almost ate the plate as well LOL

Velva said...

All your tailgating dishes rock....Yes football season has arrived.
Next week, teh Gators will play LSU, at LSU (YIKES). We may surely get our butts handed to us....But, for the record GO GATORS!

Pam said...

Great food for sure, esp. those sliders! I'm hoping we'll hear all about that fun festival that's around the corner. Thanks for the video!!!

A Kitchen Witch said...

Yum! Looks like any "tailgators" would be set with these recipes! Thanks for the suggestion about Mis Helen's chili cook-off. What fun!

Drick said...

great football food, would make any gameday a perfect day... sure wish I could take off for that festival, that sounds like a blast...

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH -- those portobello sliders are definitely going into my recipe file! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Unknown said...

Ohh these recipes look so good! Found you from the Something Swanky Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower.

http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

Those sliders look so amazing! I'm craving portobellos now and I'm already set to call it a night. That is a mouthwatering pic.

Miriam said...

I love football in Cajun Country! It's basically so fun and hilarious in every way :). Love those burgers!!!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Marguerite said...

FG- Thanks, so glad you like them. I've heard of moinks, and these would be fab if they were smoked, too. In Cajun cuisine, anything wrapped in bacon is called "en brochette". :)

Dzoli- Merci, cher! These are just a few of my faves. I will be posting more, so stay tuned.

Dee- I SO wish that you could be here, cher! And the gumbo cook-off is this coming weekend, so I will make both, this year.

Joanne- Thanks, they are "out of this world" and easy to make and I hope you try them!

Dude- Thanks, glad you like them and hope you give them a try! It was a good game! Geaux Tigers! :)

Eddie- Merci beaucoup, cher, so glad you enjoyed them! lol They ARE "to die for", for sure, but the plate might give you a little indigestion! lol!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

I love the idea of mushroom sliders. I can taste them now with all those seasonings and the meaty mushroom! YUM!

Kittie Howard said...

Great recipes! Fortunately, I've already had dinner and will simply click for recipes and not dive thru the screen. But, OMG, a gumbo cook-off. Ohhhhh!

How 'bout dem Tigers!

Chef in Training said...

yum! these all look delicious! I would love for you to come link this and/or any other projects you have been up to at the Tuesday Talent Show! Hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Carrie B said...

These all look wicked good! I'm looking for some good game day recipes and these all fit the bill. I'm bookmarking for my weekend cooking! YUM

Arlee Bird said...

Those sliders look mighty pretty, but I think I'd prefer some meat. Hand me over some of them meatballs please.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Pat Tillett said...

They all look good, but I'm going to go for the nachos and grilled cajun meatballs. I'd like to go for them RIGHT NOW!

Martha said...

Your tailgating recipes are total food heaven! I am drooling as always! YUM!

Kara said...

I love you blog!! I can't wait to read all your posts :D New follower for sure! Thanks for all your recipes! Looks like you guys are always having fun :D

Kara :)

http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/