Friday, June 17, 2011

Cajun Grilled Rib Eyes + Father's Day Faves

With Father's Day just a few days away, I've been putting the finishing touches on the special menu that I'll be preparing for my Dad. I love to make his favorite dishes all year long, but especially on Father's Day. I've been so blessed to have such a kind and loving father and it makes me so happy to spoil him on his special day. He has a bit of a sweet tooth, so I will be making some of his favorite desserts, too. This is what I have so far and I'm sure I'll be adding a few more.

Father's Day Menu

Crab Stuffed Jalapenos ~Jalapeno Cheese Bread

Grilled Cajun Rib Eyes ~ Grilled Bourbon-Glazed Shrimp ~ Loaded Baked Potato Casserole ~ Creole Summer Salad w/ Tabasco Vinaigrette ~ 

Cajun Cake w/ Peanut Butter Icing ~ Chocolate Praline Cheesecake ~ (recipes below)

^^^^^^

Grilled Cajun Rib Eyes

4 (8 inch) Rib Eye steaks
Worcestershire sauce

Cajun Steak Rub

1/2 cup smoky paprika
1/3 cup salt
1/3 cup garlic powder
1/3 cup onion powder
2 tbs.'s dried thyme
2 tbs.'s dried oregano
2 tbs.'s black pepper
2 tbs.'s cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until well blended. Place any unused rub in an airtight container and use for up to 3 months.

Place 4 steaks in a shallow 13 x 9 inch pan. Rub the Cajun rub into the meat on both sides. Sprinkle generously with Worcestershire sauce on both sides and cover and let sit at room temperature, for 30 minutes. Preheat grill on high heat and place steaks directly on grill and close lid.  Grill for 6 minutes, on each side for medium rare, and to 8 minutes on each side, for medium. Baste with BBQ sauce, if desired. Always use tongs to turn steaks, to keep juices in. Sinfully good!
******

Grilled Bourbon-Glazed Shrimp Skewers

1 lb. (24 count) large shrimp,
peeled and deveined
1 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp.'s minced garlic
4 tbs.'s butter, cut into pieces
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tbs. Cajun seasoning
Few shakes Tabasco
2 tbs.'s bourbon

Season shrimp with Cajun seasoning. In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir until golden. Remove from heat and add bourbon, Worcestershire and Tabasco. On low heat,  add butter gradually, until glaze forms. Place shrimp on skewers and brush with bourbon glaze. Grill on medium heat about 5 minutes on each side. Baste shrimp often. Cest bon, cher! 
******
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole

3 lbs. red potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tsp. salt
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
6 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1 bunch green onions, including tops, sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz.'s  light sour cream
1/2 cup light mayo
2 tbs.'s Creole mustard
1 tbs. or more Cajun seasoning


Add salt to a large pot of water, add potatoes and bring to a boil, and boil for 13 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a large baking dish or oven proof bowl. Sprinkle potatoes with Cajun seasoning and mix well.. In medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, and mustard, and a few good shakes of Tabasco. Add chopped eggs and stir until blended. Add the egg mixture to the potatoes and mix until well blended. Top with shredded cheese, green onions, and bacon. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese melts. Out of this world!
******
Creole Summer Salad w/ Tabasco Vinaigrette

Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.


2 cucumbers, washed and diced
1 carton cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Spanish olives
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped





Tabasco Vinaigrette
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tbs. Creole mustard
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup olive oil

Combine first six ingredients in bowl and whisk until well blended. Add oil and continue whisking until combined. Combine with salad and chill for one hour or more. Divine!

*******

(click on titles to see recipe)

Crab Stuffed Jalapenos










I'll be sharing these at  Fit and Fabulous Fridays , Friday Potluck , Foodie Friday
 Saturday Night Special , Sunday ShowcaseSavory Sunday

^^^^^^
Wishing ya'll a funtastic weekend, filled with good times! Merci beaucoup for stopping by! Happy Father's Day to all of you wonderful Dads out there ! Relax and Enjoy!

37 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

Those steaks suit me just fine. I'll give them a go tomorrow evening!

Pat Tillett said...

Oh Man! You're killing me... Those steaks look SO DARN GOOD! It all, looks good, but those steaks...

Too bad we already have meals planned for this weekend. Soon...

Eddie Bluelights said...

Lucky Father is your dad to have:
a) a lovely daughter like you
b) to be spoiled rotten with all that delicious grub on Fathers' Day.

As for me I shall be celebrating Fathers Day with my wife and daughter on Sunday. My son will be out of town unfortunately.

Strange that the kids are grown up - I feel I am getting younger all the time and have no real worries to grey my hair. LOL

Bon Appetite and hugs ~ Eddie

John said...

I'll pass on the steaks, love all the rest.

Joanne said...

I'm sure your Dad will just love the special menu, it looks delicious! Have a wonderful day with him :)

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Wow, your dad sure is a lucky guy. I hope when my kids are old enought to be alone in the kitchen I get this kinda feast!!

Linda Starr said...

I just knew you'd have something special to share for this weekend, stay cool and have a good time.

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

I hope you and your daughter will try and enjoy the tuna!

This spread looks amazing! The picture of the shrimp made my mouth water.

Cloudia said...

when we move ashore and have a kitchen, I'm givin' your recipes a WORKOUT, Cher!



Aloha from Honolulu :)

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Mike@ The Culinary Lens said...

Now this is a spread fit for a king.. Makes me want to head south more than ever.

Drick said...

your Dad's a lucky man, and I hope he knows that too ... wonderful lineup - I think I can smell those steaks just looking a the pic and the shrimp, oh my goodness, my knees got a little weak.... have a great weekend Marguerite

Dave said...

Those steaks look delicious! I might have to give these recipes a try! Thanks for following! Following back!

Dave
www.countryrushdaddy.com

Julie said...

Wow that all looks so good! I'd be all about the shrimp and potatoes!

Honey at 2805 said...

Sure the men around your place are really looking forward to Father's Day! I couldn't help but think "the way to a man's heart, etc....."

Have a lovely weekend!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a lovely menu you have planned. I'm especially fond of the shrimp, which I'm bookmarking to try.

I'm visiting from Foodie Friday and I hope you have a fabulous Father's Day weekend. With all of this food, the men in your family should be very happy.
Sam

Kat said...

Think I will do the shrimp and potatoes for my husband. Your Father must be fantastic for you to make him such a wonderful meal for his special day. You are such a sweetiepie.

Anonymous said...

OMG... that looks wonderful... I think we all want to come over! I hope your father has a fantastic day!
Happy Father's day to all!
Take care,
Lisa

Jeni said...

Your recipes -and those pictures -always leave me drooling so much I think I'll ruin my diet from just looking at the pics! Love 'em though so don't stop showing this stuff.

Marguerite said...

Cro- Thanks, hope you make my Cajun Steak Rub. It's awesome and will wake up your taste buds, for sure!

Pat- Thanks, that's the whole idea! lol So glad that you like them and hope you give them a try!

Eddie- Merci beaucoup for your lovely comment, cher! I am the lucky one to have a Dad like him! Hope you have a wonderful Father's Day!

John- Thanks, glad you like them! Have a great weekend, and merci for stopping by!

Joanne- Oh, I know that he will, since these are his faves! Thanks and hope you have a wonderful weekend, too!

FG- Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I'm sure that they will, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"! Have a Happy Father's Day!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

What a fabulous menu for your father! Wish I was going to be there, everything looks and sounds incredible!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

These look amazing! What a wOnderful spread. Can't go wrong with Cajun food. So glad to stopped by the other day so I cOuld find your blog! Love everything about it! It's great and I am following you now! Jessica

Emily said...

Hi!

Umm...what time do we eat? These look delicious.

Thanks so much for linking up with Super Stalker Sunday hop again. Hope you'll be able to join us next week for more stalking!

Your Co-Host,
Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, wow! These recipes look fabulous! Stopping by your blog for the first time and I am impressed :) Kindly, Lorraine

nanny said...

If I hurry, I think I can be there by lunch!!! Oh My!!!!

the wild magnolia said...

Fantastic food for Father's Day! Keeper recipes!

Thank you, for sharing!

Magic of Spice said...

Goodness just look at all of these goodies! I love that salad and the stuffed jalapenos especially, plus this Tabasco vinaigrette...wow!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Fathers Day :)

The Sweet Details said...

Yum!! Thanks for sharing this at Savory Sundays! It looks great!!

Martha said...

For real you are the best of the best! SO YUMMY!!!

kitchen flavours said...

Wow! Everything looks delicious! What a lucky dad! Hope you had a fabulous day with your dad and family!
Have a lovely week, Marguerite!

Marguerite said...

Linda- You got that right, cher! Thanks, it was a great day, but very hard to stay cool in this horrible heat!

cajunlicious- You can bet that we will! Thanks, these shrimp are fab and I hope you try them! So quick and easy!

Cloudia- Merci for the nice compliment, cher! Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!

Mike- Hi and welcome! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for coming by! So glad that you like it and hope you give the recipes a try!

Drick- Yes he is lucky, especially since he got to eat my Mom's cooking for 61 years! Mine pales in comparison to hers! Thanks, glad you liked them and hope you try the shrimp!

Dave- Hi and welcome! Thanks, the steak rub is so good and really brings out the flavor! Thanks so much for coming by and for following me back!

Vagabonde said...

The shrimp and the loaded potato casserole sounds so good – I’ll make the casserole when it gets cooler as I am not using the oven now. I have not cooked much but after visiting the Margaret Mitchell house we went to an old southern restaurant – it was delicious. I’ll write a post on it.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Just wondered, in the film Carousel, there is a scene about Clam Bakes. Does this feature anywhere near you I wonder?

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

I tried your Tabasco Vinaigrette and LOVED it! Will be a go to in this house.

chantelle said...

hi, im a new follower from super stalker sunday. would love for you to visit my blog and follow back if you like.

Michelle B said...

Thanks for linking up with Garden Variety Wednesday!

I don't know how I missed this post, but man am I sorry I did. This is almost too much goodness in one place. Almost. ;-)

The Creole Summer Salad looks fab. And how can you go wrong with hot sauce & Creole mustard (one of my favorite things ever)?!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Margurite,
Goodness sake I want it all. What a wonderful party! Great rub for the steak and I really want to try that potato casserole, it will be a big hit here, and girl that cake is to die for. Yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Have a great week end!
Miz Helen

The Single Nester said...

If I could dive into my laptop screen I would. Delicious.