Saturday, January 12, 2013

Stuffed Filet Mignon w/ Sherry-Mushroom Sauce + A Cajun Waltz

Here is a scrumptious dish that will please your family and guests. Perfect for company or for a fast and easy weeknight meal. When I tell you that it's out of this world, then you know that I mean it, cher! Bon appetit!

2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs.'s olive oil

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbs.'s fresh parsley



Season steaks with salt and pepper. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, cheese, garlic, and parsley. Cut a pocket into the side of each steak and spoon cheese mixture evenly into steak pockets. Heat olive oil in large skillet, over medium heat. Cook steaks for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove steaks and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Reserve drippings. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.  Let steaks rest and make sauce.

Sauce

2 tbs.'s butter, divided
1 cup baby portobella mushrooms, sliced
2 tbs.'s green onions, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 to 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1/2 cup beef stock or broth
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 tsp.'s cornstarch
2  teaspoons water

Add 1 tbs. butter to drippings in skillet. Add mushrooms, green onions, and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in broth and sherry. Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl and stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add other tbs. butter and stir until melted. Spoon over steaks Divine!


Serve with my Cajun Style French Bread and a nice glass of wine.










I'll be sharing this recipe at ~
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sister's Stuff
See Ya in the Gumbo @ Ms. EnPlace

 ^^^^^^
 A Cajun Waltz

Here's another little clip that I took of the crowd enjoying a Cajun waltz at Festival Acadiens. Wayne Toups and Zydecajun were swaying the crowd. Crank it up for this one, cher and have a great weekend! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!


17 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I love this, on my next steak day, I must make this. Thank you for posting this recipe.
Lisa

Unknown said...

This sounds soo yummy!

Michelle B said...

For sure out of this world! Absolutely fantastic looking, Marguerite. You knocked this one out of the park, babe!
Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Kat said...

Love the new photo at the top. The tenderloin looks delicious! Every time I watch these little clips, I wish I was Cajun, dancing my life away!

Big Dude said...

I've never done anything but just grill a filet, but this sounds totally awesome

Michelle B said...

You are torturing me with this steak. I've been thinking about it since I saw it!
Thanks for linking--I know people will love to get their hands on this recipe!

nanny said...

Looks like perfection....can't beat steak topped with mushrooms....Yum!

Angie's Recipes said...

The steak looks fabulous filled with cheeses..must be very tender and juicy.

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

I'm always so jealous of you being so able to chow down on awesome Cajun. One day I'll visit!

Velva said...

Gosh, the steak looks delicious. I can't say no to filet mignon.

Cheers.
Velva

Eddie Bluelights said...

Well here I am, late again!! We have a saying here that unpunctual people will be late for their own funeral LOL.

And as for all that food - now look!! I'm supposed to be on a diet!! Bang goes my resistance and will power yet again. It all looks truly scrumptious. As for the dancing they all look as though the are thoroughly enjoying their Cajun Waltz - and a lot of them seem to know you because of their friendly smiles.

Martha said...

Absolute perfection as always my friend! Serious YUM!

Linda Starr said...

I don't eat beef any longer but I am sure this is delicious as the photos emphasize the sauce wonderfully.

Emilia S said...

Hello! your blog is great, I'd love you to join my travel websites, and you put my link on your site, and so we benefit both.

I await your response to munekitacate@gmail.com

kisses!
Emilia

Turnips 2 Tangerines said...

I am so glad I found your blog! (from RV Life and Food) It's great and the recipes look delicious! Lynn H Turnips 2 Tangerines

Monica said...

OH! Your blog makes me homesick! Thanks creating this blog!

Connie said...

Beautiful and looks so good:)
A must try . . . now I'm off to look at your Cajun Jalapeno Sausage Cornbread recipe . . . my mouth is watering. You must have friends coming out of the woodwork, each time you throw a party:)
Have a lovely week.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)