Saturday, February 6, 2016

King Cake Bread Pudding + More Mardi Gras Faves

It's time for some serious Mardi Grawin', ya'll, and I've been tweaking my menu for a little "after the parade" party that I'm having on Lundi Gras. Of course, I'll be serving a lot of traditional Mardi Gras dishes, but will also be adding a decadent new dessert. This King Cake Bread Pudding is just heavenly and is a perfect blend of decadent King Cake, and a "to die for" Bourbon-Cream Cheese Frosting. (recipe below) Sinfully delicious. cher! Bon Appetit!


King Cake Bread Pudding

1  small "day old" King Cake, cubed
2 large eggs
2 cups half and half
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp.'s cinnamon
1 tsp. almond extract
Purple, green, and yellow, sugar crystals

Place the cake cubes in a lightly greased, 13x9 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, half and half, milk, sugars, and almond extract. Whisk until well blended and spoon mixture evenly over cake cubes and press down to evenly coat.

Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

Cool and then frost with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting. (recipe below) Sprinkle with colored sugars. Fab!

^^^^^^^
Bourbon - Cream Cheese Frosting
 
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
4 tbs.'s butter, softened
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 shot bourbon 

Combine cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. Stir in bourbon and beat in sugar until well combined. Divine!

^^^^^^^
For more of my Mardi Gras desserts, click here.



For my Mardi Gras Menu, click here.



For my Mardi Gras drinks, click here.


^^^^^^^
Wishing you all a safe,  fun filled, and HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!! Have a blast, cher! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

5 comments:

Gypsy Heart said...

Hi Cher!
I've missed you and your incredible food & drinks! Trying to get back to blog land and this is a delight to see. I love Mardi Gras and miss my usual trips to LA and the parades.

Would LOVE to be at your place and sample these delicious treats! Have fun!

xo
Pat

Eddie Bluelights said...

Gosh another post so soon
I must say I am all of a swoon
I admit I was decidedly tardy
I missed your last post about Mardi
I'll drop a belated comment
Apologetic words will come in a torrent . . . . lol

I am sure you made your own Super Bowl
Filled with goodies to gladden the soul
I bet it all tasted great and sweet
In the wonderful company of cher Marguerite . . .
This weeks selection is really great
I'd welcome it gladly with all I ate . . . :)

Cecile @ My Yellow Farmhouse said...

I never seem to be able to post a comment here but I'm not giving up! I absolutely LOVE everything about this recipe... including the fabulous recipe for Bread Pudding made with leftover King Cake !!

Susanna Powers said...

happy Super Bowl & Mardi Gras, at your house they would be delicious... sp

Slice of Southern said...

Love all your Mardi Gras items. Hope you had a great one!