Here is another favorite Cajun dessert that is so easy and sinfully delicious. Eating it brings back so many memories of my childhood. Sometimes my mother would have a big bowl of banana pudding on the counter, when we got home from school, and we would dive into it, in a flash. Cest bon, cher. Enjoy!
2 large cans of Pet milk
1 cup sugar
2 bananas, sliced
1 bag vanilla wafers
Cinnamon for sprinkling
In large Pyrex bowl, place 1/2 of the vanilla wafers and bananas.
Heat milk in medium saucepan and bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour the eggs into the milk and return to low heat and add sugar. Continue cooking on low, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and pour 1/2 of the pudding over the vanilla wafers and bananas. Add other half and repeat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with whipped cream. Serves 6. Bon Appetit!
It was a surprise and an honor when my dear friend, Katherine, presented me with the Kreativ Blogger award. You will definitely want to check out her fabulous, step-by-step cooking blog, Smoky Mountain Cafe , that is filled with her wonderful recipes. She is always cooking up some sinfully delicious recipe and you can count on them being out of this world!! Thanks so much for this award and for your friendship, my Cajun friend. You are the best!
To accept this award, a nominated blogger must:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
I am supposed to list seven things about myself that people might find interesting.
1. I have been practicing yoga for more than 20 years and was a vegetarian for 10 years.
2. If you dare to speak to me BEFORE I have my coffee, in the morning, it will not be a pretty conversation.
3. My friends call me a shrimp-o-holic because I love shrimp so much.
4. If there is a good party going on, I will usually find it or it will find me, whichever comes first.
5. The beach is my favorite place in the world. Any beach!
6. Dancing is my real passion and keeps the weight off and satisfies my soul.
7. I have a habit of eating chocolate chips, when I'm baking.
Now I am supposed to present this award to seven fellow kreativ bloggers. It is with great pleasure that I pass this award to these 7 extremely, creative bloggie friends. Be sure and visit them, soon.
Eddie at Clouds and Silver Linings
Marlene at Country Girl on the Chesapeake
Angie at Gumbo Writer
Irish at Irish Gumbo
Janine at Sniffles and Smiles
The Good Cook at The Good Cook