Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Spicy Shrimp Tacos w/ Pineapple Salsa and Remoulade Sauce + Holiday Fun

Since I'm still in a bit of a food coma from indulging in a few too many holiday delights, I wanted something light and low cal for lunch. So I decided to go with these fabulous Shrimp Tacos. Cest bon! A friend brought over 10 lbs of shrimp to boil, for the party, and I had about a pound left that I had stashed in the fridge when no one was looking. So easy and when I tell you that they're out of this world, then you know that I mean it, cher! Enjoy!
  
1 lb. cooked shrimp
8 (8 inch soft taco size flour tortillas)
Pineapple salsa (recipe below)
Shredded lettuce
Fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeno slices for garnish
Remoulade sauce


Wrap tortillas in foil,   and warm in a 325 degree oven, for 10 minutes. Add lettuce, cooked shrimp, pineapple salsa, and top with cilantro,  jalapenos, and a little remoulade sauce.

For my Spicy Boiled Shrimp w /Remoulade Sauce recipe, click here.

Grilled Pineapple Salsa

2 tbs.'s fresh lime juice
8 fresh pineapple slices
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, minced
2 tbs.'s red bell pepper, minced
2 tbs.'s green bell pepper, minced
1 tbs. cilantro, chopped

Grill pineapple slices for 3 minutes on each side. Allow to cool, and dice into small chunks and place in a medium bowl. Combine with remaining ingredients, mix well and chill for 30 minutes. *One large can of drained pineapple tidbits can be substituted for the fresh pineapple.

I'll be sharing these at These Chicks CookedGarden Variety WednesdayCast Party Wednesday , Tasty ThursdaysWhat's Cooking Thursdays,  Full Plate Thursday, and
Fresh Food Friday  Fit and Fabulous Fridays

********
Holiday Fun

It was a great holiday weekend, here in Cajun country, and after our BBQ, we all went down to to the  annual Red, White, and Boom celebration in downtown Lafayette. The Acadiana Symphony played a beautiful Fourth of July concert at Parc International.


Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Stomp Band also entertained the huge crowd with their highly seasoned Zydeco music. More than a few hardy souls were dancing in nitty- gritty, Zydeco mode. It was hot, but there was a light breeze and an excitement in the air!


We were in dire need of refreshment, by this time, so we walked across to Agave Cantina and had a round of frozen margaritas before the  fireworks. It was a great celebration, honoring our freedom and those who have fought for it. How did you celebrate the Fourth?



I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all of my new followers. So happy to have you along and I'll be around to visit ya'll soon. Wishing all of you a wonderful week. Merci beaucoup for stopping by!


36 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Shrimp tacos! Wonder if crab would work?

California Girl said...

gonna have to try the pineapple salsa. that sounds yummm-meeee.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Lovely Shrimps!! Wish I had some in my fridge too LOL but if they were in the the form of your very appetising recipe I think they would be there for just a few minutes LOL. Glad you had a good 4 July

Michelle B said...

I recently had shrimp tacos that I enjoyed--the standard lime, cilantro, avocado variety.

But you know I'd rather some made with shrimp boil shrimp and remoulade!

Glad you had a nice 4th!

Linda Starr said...

Umm these sound delicious and pineapple is so available here, I'll have to try them out.

KB and Whitesnake said...

Glad you had a good 4th.

Cloudia said...

You my Sistah!



Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


> < } } ( ° >

< ° ) } } > <

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

10lbs of shrimp!!! Thats not a friend, thats a partner, a lover, a jail cell mate of 25 years. What I'm trying to say is your lucky to have such friends who turn up with 10lbs of shrimp. The tacos look shrimptacular...
Thanks for sharing!

The Harried Cook said...

Oh this sounds soooooooooo good! Yummy.. You have some great friends, for sure! :)

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

pineapple salsa sounds like a homerun! Yummy :D

Joanne said...

I didn't make it to the fireworks here, so I enjoyed your clip, what a fun show!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

what a great idea... And I just made a fast remoulade last week with just enough left over

Marguerite said...

Alex- Great to hear from you! Crab would definitely work and fish, as well. Enjoy! Thanks for coming by!

Cal. Girl- Thanks, it is yummy and very low in calories. Great with fish, too. Hope you try it!

Eddie- I'm sure you could polish off a half dozen of these tacos. lol So easy to make if you buy the cooked shrimp! Thanks, it was a blast!

MM- Thanks, cher, so glad you like them. What could be better than Cajun-style shrimp tacos? :)

Linda- Thanks, so glad you like them and hope you try them! I love fresh pineapple, too!

KB- Thanks, it was a lot of fun, and I hope that ya'll did, too! Thanks for stopping by!

Honey at 2805 said...

Would I ever like to have a friend that shows up with 10 lbs. of shrimp? Oh Yes! The pineapple salsa looks great is is something I will definately try!

Glad you had a great weekend!

Rosaria Williams said...

You're so divinely creative, every time. I feel like celebrating with music at each visit. Thank you, thank you.

Meryl said...

Recipes look GREAT. I will be your latest follower after I post this. I can't wait for more yummy ideas!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say thank you for joining our Welcome Wednesday blog hop! We hope to see you stop by weekly and even maybe enter some of our giveaways and check out our freebies & deals! We are so happy to be new followers of your blog and can't wait to come back! You are more than welcome to grab our special Welcome Wednesday button which will link you directly to our hop each week & that also helps spread the word about our great event!

THANKS!
Kristin & Jaime
--
Take It From Me

Michelle B said...

Thanks for linking up with Garden Variety Wednesday.

I've noticed something about many of your dishes...lots of jalapenos. I like that!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Marguerite! Your Shrimp Tacos looks incredibly yummy!
Have a lovely weekend!

Drick said...

good thing these tacos are light, I think I could eat several..... that's a nice salsa ya got going too, I see it piled on grilled fish too

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

The minute I showed this post to my husband he told me I must make these tacos soon!

A Kitchen Witch said...

Mmm, Mmm. We just grilled pineapple the other day. Looks like you've given me an excuse to do it again. Thanks for the sweet comment and great recipe. You're food always looks so fresh and delicious...goes to show that not all Cajun/Creole cooking is unhealthy!

Miriam said...

That salsa sounds to die for! Great post :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

AsylumTanya said...

I just pinned this so that I can make it soon. My little ones love shrimp and they love it spicy! Thanks for sharing!

Marguerite said...

Cloudia- You got that right, cher! Aloha and merci for coming by!

FG- Yes I am lucky, and it always helps to know a Shrimper, especially if you're a shrimp-o-holic! :) Thanks, so glad you like them. You're welcome!

HC- Thanks, they are fab and I hope that you try them! Yes I do! Thanks for stopping by!

Carrie- Hi and welcome! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for coming by! I just love your blog!

Joanne- Thanks, so glad you enjoyed it! My camera was having issues, so this clip was taken with an IPhone.

Dave- Merci, cher! Then all you have to do is boil the shrimp and you're all set! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

This looks so good. I'm having a recipe only link party "Cast Party Wednesday". This would be a perfect addition to my party. I would love it if you came by and shared some of your recipes with us.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

The How To Mommy said...

Yum! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays!

Desi said...

Everything you make amazes me! You always seem to be having so much fun too :) I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Candace said...

Oh, I need to make these soon! They look so fresh and yummy. I just wish I had some of those good Louisiana shrimp for mine. Love the pineapple salsa. I bet that is the perfect condiment for the shrimp. Yum!

Keli said...

That looks amazing! Not sure if I'd like the shrimp or not, I could add in chicken instead :)

Thanks for sharing!

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

Chaya said...

I can't eat shrimp but I sure can eat that pineapple salsa - so delicious.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I am crazy in love with fruit salsas and make them all of the time. Love that you've grilled the pineapple. Grilling brings out such a nice flavor. Happy Fresh Food Friday.
Sam

Miz Helen said...

Hi Miz Marguerite,
I loved the fireworks with you fun!! You'al know how to celebrate freedom.
Your Shrimp Tacos and Pineapple Salsa looks like a fun Cajun Lunch. I just love those great gulf shrimp they are the best! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and sure hope to see you again real soon!
Miz Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday and I hope you join me again tomorrow and share more of your great recipes!
Thanks,
I hope to see you tomorrow!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

Sounds like a fantastic concert - and I love the sound of those shrimp tacos! What a great way to use leftovers, and that pineapple salsa sounds so good! Thank you for sharing another tasty post with Let's Do Brunch. Hope to 'see' you there again this week.

Shabby Chic Mom said...

those look fantastic! My sis in law is from louisiana and I'm going to send her your blog!

I'm your newest GFC follower!
Stopping by from the hop!
Would love a follow back and say hello!
http://www.bragallboutit.com