Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spicy Boiled Shrimp w/ Remoulade Sauce

 I was browsing through my summer recipe collection and came upon this wonderful recipe for Remoulade Sauce that my friend, Gail, gave me. Her boyfriend has a crawfish pond and his buddy is a shrimper, and they frequently bring over tons of crawfish, shrimp, and crabs, to boil on her patio. When she calls me and says, " they're on the way over", then you can bet that I say, " I'm on the way over, too" ! Oh, the life of a Cajun, is oh so good ! Enjoy !

Spicy Boiled Shrimp


3 lbs. fresh jumbo shrimp
1 cup white wine
2 tbs.'s salt
1 tbs. Louisiana brand Crab and Shrimp Boil
or 2 tbs.'s Cajun seasoning per pound
1 tbs. Old Bay seasoning per pound
2 onions, quartered
2 lemons, quartered
4 bay leaves

In a large pot, place the seasonings, wine, onions, lemons, and bay leaves. Add enough water to cover the shrimp + 2 inches and bring to a boil. Boil the seasoned water for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and continue to boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat , cover and allow to steep for 10 to 20 minutes, depending how spicy you like it. Drain and set aside and allow to cool.

Remoulade Sauce


 1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbs. yellow mustard+ 1 tbs. Creole mustard
1 tbs. horseradish
1/4 cup green onions + tops, chopped fine
1/4 cup celery, chopped fine
1 tbs.
or more, Cajun seasoning
1 tsp.paprika
Salt to taste
Few shakes of Tabasco sauce

Combine all ingredients in bowl and blend thoroughly. Chill  for 1 hour before serving with shrimp. Bon Appetit !

Looking For Cajun Products? Look No Further : Cajun Supermarket

7 comments:

Expat From Hell said...

Delicious. Thanks for going to the trouble to put this up. I need to get my cupboard filled back up with this good stuff. Great post.

EFH

Marguerite said...

Thanks Expat,it was no trouble at all. Now, my post yesterday that disappeared into cyberspace at midnight; that was trouble. lol

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Marguerite,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You are so very kind! And for your kind words about living with house guests :-)... Thank you! I am so thrilled to meet you! It is always lovely to make new friends! Your blog is delightful! I'll be back...after my house guests return home! ~Janine

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Now that's what I'm talking about! Life doesn't get any better than sitting around with friends peeling boiled shrimp, crawfish or picking crabs.

Great remoulade sauce recipe too!

Kat said...

Just found your blog and love it and it makes me very very hungry for good cajun food! Gonna have to go to N.O. to visit SIL!!

Nancy said...

I'm going to visit that Cajun Supermarket. Can't wait to try this. Thanks.

Pat Tillett said...

I'm here from the future looking for a recipie! This one sounds like it's gonna be dinner one night next week...