Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cajun Super Bowl Party Buffet

It's almost time for Super Bowl Sunday and I've been tweaking my party buffet menu and making sure that my guests won't leave hungry. This is what I have so far and I'm sure that I'll be adding more as I go along. These are all scrumptious and are perfect for watching the big game. Guaranteed to please your family and guests, cher! Bon appetit!

Cajun Seven Layer Taco Dip

1 package taco seasoning
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 (16 oz) jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped

1/2 cup pickled jalapeno slices
1 (6 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese 



In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter. Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans. Top the layers with salsa and cheese. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions, jalapenos, and black olives over the salsa and cheese layer. Serve with tortilla chips.

 ^^^^^^
Spicy Crawfish Beignets w/ Remoulade Sauce

1 lb crawfish tails
1/4 cup each, celery,
red bell pepper,
green bell pepper, and
onion, diced
1 bunch green onion, sliced thin
4 cups all purpose flour
3 tbs.'s baking powder
2 (12oz) bottles of your favorite beer
3 eggs, beaten
4 tbs.'s dry crab boil
2 strips bacon, chopped

Combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Wisk in beer then eggs till slightly lumpy. Fold in vegetables, bacon, and crawfish.

Allow to sit for a few minutes. In deep fryer, drop small spoonfuls in to 350 degree frying oil. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes making sure to turn occasionally. Remove and let drain on paper towels. Serve with Spicy Remoulade Sauce. Click here for the recipe.

^^^^^^
 And a few more. Click on title to view recipe.


Bayou Buffalo Wings w/ Smoky Blue Cheese Dip















Muffaletta Dip w/Toasted Baguettes




 Mardi Gras Jambalaya















Slow Cooker Creole Chili


















Jalapeno-Bacon Cornbread Muffins

Easy Mini King Cakes



Kahlua Fudge Cupcakes


ENJOY!
Wishing you all a fun and fantastic Super Bowl weekend! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

  

11 comments:

Pam said...

I know whose Super Bowl party I want to be invited to! lol! Sounds so much better than the ones we have here because of all your good Cajun food. You've got so many great recipes to try! Have a great time at yours!

John said...

Nobody will go hungry!

Unknown said...

That all looks wonderful!

Susanna Powers said...

these are terrific! I also remember that you offered the french bread pizzas, cut into small pieces, as a Superbowl appetizer. I like to make those, no matter what the season! thanks, sp

Michelle B said...

I'm pretty sure no one leaves your house hungry. And if they do, it's their own fault!

I wish I could grab one of those cup cakes right through the screen.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Looks fantastic Marguerite.
Lucky guests!! LOL

Pat Tillett said...

Yum and wow! I just knew you break out the good stuff for Super Bowl Sunday... Yum again!

Drick said...

greetings.. terrific party food and nothing beats a good time than time spent eating good food.... yours are always the best... have a blast this weekend eating and watching the game...

Big Dude said...

Looks super good and I'm sure we won't leave hungry. Remind me again what time I'm supposed to be there.

California Girl said...

You're KILLIN' me Marguerite! I just went through your recipes while watching SF get their asses kicked by the Ravens. yawn. Boring game so far but I imagine your guests are not bored eating your awesome cuisine.

Do you host as many parties as your blog would have me believe? I don't mean to be rude. I just am amazed at the quantity of recipes and parties you have and attend. I'm jealous.

Is the photo on your masthead a corner dining place in the Quarter? If not, where is it? Looks good.

Michelle B said...

Mmmmm-mmmmm. Lovin' the beer and bacon with crawfish! Thsi menu makes it hard to save room for all the Mardi Gras food coming up.

Thanks for linking this week!