Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spicy Cajun Seafood Dips + Festival Fun

Here are a few of my favorite seafood dip recipes that are guaranteed to be a real hit at your next tailgating party or any other occasion. They are absolutely scrumptious and when I tell you that they are both out of this world, then you know that I mean it, cher! Cest bon! Enjoy!

Spicy Cajun Shrimp  Dip

1  lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, and chopped
1/2 cup butter 
1/2 cup each onions, bell peppers, and celery, diced
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1 tsp. or more, Cajun seasoning
4 tbs.'s white wine
2 tbs.'s lemon juice
Salt to taste
Few shakes Tabasco sauce
16 oz.'s cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup each fresh parsley and green onions, chopped

Melt butter in large skillet on medium high heat. Add onions and bell peppers and saute' for 5 minutes. Add Cajun seasoning, and garlic and stir well. Stir in white wine and lemon juice, and reduce heat to low.


Add shrimp, salt, and Tabasco, and mix well and cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Gradually add cream cheese until melted, stirring often and cook for 5 minutes. Add green onions and parsley and a little more white wine if mixture is too thick. Transfer to a dip bowl and serve with mini croissants or pastry shells. Fab!

******
Here's another fabulous dip that will please your guests. One bite of this divine dip with the lump crab meat and delicate cheese blend will make you want to eat the whole bowl. If you're counting calories, use the light version of the cheese, sour cream, and mayo.

Spicy Cajun Crab Dip

1 lb. lump crab meat
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 (8 oz.) pkg.'s cream cheese, softened
1/2 pint sour cream
4 tbs.'s mayo
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. Creole mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. or more, Cajun seasoning
Tabasco to taste

Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, onion, lemon juice, mustard, and seasonings, in a large bowl. Mix well and fold in crab meat and cheddar cheese.


Place in a buttered 2 1/2 qt. casserole dish and bake @ 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with pastry shells, veggies, or crackers. Sinfully good!

I'll be sharing these at ~

******* 
Festival Fun

We had an absolute bon' ton' at Festival Acadiens and even after two days, I am still in a festival mode. After three days of great Cajun music, food, and fun, it's been hard getting back into reality.  That kind of fun just stays with you for a while. Here are a few pics from Saturday, out of hundreds that I took at the three day festival.











And here's a little clip that I took of Roddie Romero and the Hub City All Stars movin' the crowd at Scene Mon Heritage. They were lovin' this band and there was a whole lotta jitter-bugging going on. I'll be sharing lots more videos with ya'll, so stay tuned.

Roddie Romero and the Hub City All Stars



Hope that ya'll are having a great week! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

27 comments:

Eddie Bluelights said...

"Yummy" with a capital Y. Looks fabulous.
Great to see the photos of folk enjoying themselves - I get a kick from that. And glad you had a blast. It must be very difficult coming down to Earth again after such fun. I'll pop back to hear the video later. Always nice to visit your blog ~ Eddie

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Dips are awesome! I could eat them all day. I wonder what the gator tastes like? I'd be all over that.
Take care..

Pam said...

Love those dips and I would've really loved rockin' at that festival. It sounds like you had a blast! Great pics and I loved the video.

Unknown said...

I always love seeing your jitter-bugging. And those receipts look delicious.

Helena xx

hidden art of homemaking said...

Hey Marguerite...this video makes me SMILE!!! you have such a happy blog..I always love coming by to see you..and those dips...YUM YUM!
hoping your day is wonderful...Mona

Kat said...

One of the things I absolutely love about Cajun Country is the LOVE to DANCE!!!! Thanks for the dip recipes too, I will be using them for our Bama games.

Joanne said...

Marguerite, the fun just never stops here ... Looks like a great time :)

nanny said...

Dip!!!! Now you're talking. I need new recipes....thanks.

Honey at 2805 said...

I certainly agree with Joanne (above), the fun never stops here! It so lively with fun and festivals! Maybe we should do a road trip to Louisiana!

The dips look fabulous. Thanks for more of your deliciousness!

Big Dude said...

You Cajuns sure know how to have a good time and the dips look outstanding

Eddie Bluelights said...

Back to the dancing now that my food has 'gone down'. What a happy lot of bunnies! LOL What great fun and some dancing huh! A smile on every face - that's what I like most about your blog, we get two for the price of one - food and music =. Chers, cher ~ Eddie

Linda Starr said...

I've never made a seafood dip, those look delicious, I'll have to try them. What great festival you have, so much fun.

Unknown said...

Girl, you look like you have so much fun! Those dips look amazing too!!

Michelle B said...

I love how you paired these fun dips w/ the festival fun. Perfect! I have to tell you a secret...I'm still worn out from the festival!

Kaycee said...

My hubby is from Jonesboro, LA and spent a lot of time down South with Cajun family. His only complaint about living in Arkansas is not being able to find good gator! LOL. From time to time we find it at fairs and such, but it's never as good as the ones from home!

craftyzoowithmonkeys.blogspot.com

kitchen flavours said...

Your dips looks delicious! It's great to burn off the calories with all the great boogie-ing! Wish you a delicious and wonderful weekend!

Cloudia said...

thanks for your friendship that makes me HAPPY, Cheri!



Aloha from Waikiki;

Comfort Spiral



> < } } ( ° >

Angie's Recipes said...

I have never made anything like this...the dip looks really tempting and delicious.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Love the shrimp dip! When I make this, there's never any left.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Yummy Yummy. This loves so delicious you know I love all Cajun and sea food like this. The shrimp and lump crab dips is to die for. Can you email this to me.?? I hope you have a great weekend sweet lady.
XXOO Diane

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I your newest follower now on your blog.
XXOO Diane

Quiltingranny said...

Let me know when the next party is, I love to dance! Can;t wait to make the dips! Yummy1

Honey at 2805 said...

I'm stopping back by to say thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. I always appreciate your participation!

Gypsy Heart said...

Now these are perfect for grazing! Love to serve just appetizers for a group and allow everyone to just eat & drink as they wish. Thanks so much for sharing!

xo
Pat

Pat Tillett said...

Fun and good food! That would make my day...

Peter Heggie said...

I made the shrimp dip for a Breeders' Cup party today and it was a HUGE hit. Thanks Marguerite!

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

I have been craving seafood dip, that time of year, lol. Can't wait to make this Marguerite! Well done, cher!