Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cajun Grilled Crab Cakes w Spicy Remoulade Sauce + More Geno

With crab season in full swing in Cajun country, I have been cooking and eating more than my share. We like to boil a big pot of Louisiana Blue crabs on the patio and then pick and reserve any leftover crabs to make crab cakes. I recently had some grilled crab cakes at a family gathering and they were so delicious, I knew that I just had to try them at home. Sinfully good and so easy, too. Bon appetit!


Cajun Grilled Crab Cakes w/ Spicy Remoulade Sauce

1 lb. lump crab meat
1/2 cup red or green bell pepper, diced
3 green onions, sliced thin
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbs.'s mayonnaise
1 tbs. Creole mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs. Cajun seasoning
Few shakes Tabasco sauce
1 egg, beaten
4 slices white bread, crusts removed,
 and torn into small pieces
2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs

In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except breadcrumbs. Place breadcrumbs on a cookie sheet and shape mixture into 4 patties and roll in breadcrumbs. Place crab cakes on a plate, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Heat grill to medium and spray with grill spray, if grilling directly on grates. Place cakes directly on grill or in an oiled grill pan and grill for 7 to 8 minutes or until they begin to firm up. Flip and grill for another 7 to 8 minutes. Serve with Spicy Remoulade Sauce. Cest bon, cher! Enjoy!


Spicy Remoulade Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. yellow mustard 
1 tsp. Creole or Dijon mustard
1 tsp. milk
1 1/2 tsp.'s. prepared horseradish
2 tbs.'s white onions, minced

1 tbs. fresh parsley, minced
1/2 tsp. white vinegar

1/2 tsp. paprika

1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp. black pepper

1 tsp. lemon juice
Salt  to taste

Few drops Tabasco 

  
Combine all ingredients in bowl and blend thoroughly. Chill for 1 hour, before serving. Out of this world and great with any seafood.

I'm sharing these at ~

^^^^^^^
More Geno

I've had another request for some more Geno. Here he is with his hot as Tabasco band playing at Jazz Fest in New Orleans in May. Let the good times roll, cher!



 Hope that you're all having a wonderful weekend! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

20 comments:

Big Dude said...

The cakes and the sauce both sound very good. I've never tried grilling them - looks like a winner.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I've never heard of grillng them! We love crabs also but I must say I'm too lazy to sit there for hours and picked them (even though my husband does!) Since I have a pound of crabmeat in the freezer, I think I'm trying this for supper! Thanks for sharing!

Linda Starr said...

I love crab cakes and grilling them sounds like a fabulous way to enhance their already good flavor.

Honey at 2805 said...

Aah! Crab cakes are one of my favorites! Yours looks wonderful! And you serve a litttle entertainment along with them! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Eddie Bluelights said...

Feel as though I've been here before somehow LOL. Must be the highly addictive Cajun Crab Cakes. Could do with some of that right now. Hope Big Dude has not eaten them all LOL.

Liked the video as well but think it lacks a star dancer somehow.

Cheers

Pat Tillett said...

Hi Marguerite! All I can is YUM!!!

the wild magnolia said...

The food is always good here!

Thanks.

Kat said...

I love crab cakes and wishing I had some right now!!!

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

I haven't grilled crab cakes, but they look great with the grill marks!

Michelle B said...

I've never grilled crab cakes either, but I sure like that idea. And remoulade. That's a great idea too!
Thanks for linking this week.

nanny said...

I love crabcakes.....course there aren't many foods I don't love/ha

I came home yesterday from eye dr. appt. and couldn't find your creole stuffed pepper recipe in my mess of recipes. So I printed it "again" and faxed it to the dr's office....I told them how good it was and they wanted it!!

Cloudia said...

oh honey! I WANT!



Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral
<(-'.'-)>

> < } } ( ° >

Miz Helen said...

Hi Marguerite,
What a great idea to grill these awesome Crab Cakes. They look delicious. I am just loving that music today, thanks for giving a musical break! Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Drick said...

how rich your cakes are, nothing but fine ingredients... this is just like the way my family has made them for so many years, very little breading, just enough to bind together and the breadcrumbs are for the outside... love that you grilled them and that sauce is to die for...
can't wait to try that one...

Jeanne Pellerin said...

Glad to find your blog! I'm a Cajun girl from St. Martinville, living on the banks of the Bayou Teche in New Iberia. Love to cook for my husband and our four Cajun babies - can't wait to try your recipes!

Brandon Ax said...

I was actually born in New Orleans, but I have not been home in quite some time, this has my mouth watering.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Agree with Cloudia - I want too but I expect all the goodies are gone so I will just have to wait for the sinfully delicious menus on your next post. Please hurry - I am hungry!! LOL

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Marguerite,
Your seafood dishes always makes my mouth water! Looks so delicious!

Gypsy Heart said...

Mmmm, mmmm good! Love crab cakes. The sauce sounds wonderful.

xo
Pat

Reggie said...

Those crab cakes look absolutely delicious!!!