Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cajun Muffaletta Casserole + Moving Break

Here's a favorite Cajun sandwich, turned into a scrumptious casserole. The delectable combination of flavors go together like bread and butter is sure to please your family and guests.  Perfect with my Garlic-Herb Bread, (recipe below), and a nice glass of wine. Cest bon, cher! Enjoy!

Cajun Muffaletta Casserole

1 lb. penne pasta
1/2 lb. grated Mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 lb. smoked ham, chopped into thick strips
1/2 lb. genoa salami, chopped into thick strips
1 cup olive salad mix, (I used Boscoli)
1 small can, sliced black olives, drained
 Cajun seasoning to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse, and allow to cool. Combine the cheese in a medium bowl. Place pasta in large mixing bowl and add ham, salami, olive salad mix, Cajun seasoning, and half of the combined cheese.  Place in a greased casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and cheese melts. Sinfully good!

^^^^^
 Garlic-Herb Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tbs.'s fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp.'s minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1 (16 to 18) ounce French baguette

In small bowl, combine butter, parsley, garlic, salt, and Cajun seasoning. Slice baguette into 1 1/2 inch slices, without cutting through bottom. Spread butter mixture evenly in between slices. Wrap baguette in heavy duty foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Fab!

I'm sharing these at ~

^^^^^
Moving Break 

I'll be taking a short blog break to move into a larger place. After not moving for a few years, it is proving to be quite a challenge. You really don't realize how much stuff you have until you move. When I return, I will be sharing some delicious Fall recipes and the Fall Festival season in Cajun country will be starting soon, so there will be lots of new videos as well. Merci beaucoup for stopping by!


20 comments:

Susanna Powers said...

thanks Marguerite, this looks great, I want to make it soon. Good luck with moving, don't be afraid to throw stuff out! sp

stlavonlady said...

This looks amazing! I will have to make it for a "girls night out" or something. Hubby doesn't like olives. No fun.

Enjoy your day!

Mehmet Osman Çağlar said...

Trying to make us jealous? It's working.:)
with best wishes ..

kitchen flavours said...

Looks delicious!
All the best in your moving!

Eddie Bluelights said...

Delicious, as usual.

Good luck with the move and hope the kitchen is much bigger for you to make all those exotic creations.

Don't desert us for too long will you?

All the best

Pam said...

Marguerite, I definitely have to try this one. It sounds like the perfect casserole, esp. when the weather is a little cooler. Good luck with your move! It's a great time to purge and get rid of "stuff."

Big Dude said...

Great idea Marguerite, I'm a muff fan

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

What a creative way to prepare a classic, traditional New Orleans specialty! Good luck with you move and hope you can stop by again someday. I've had some surgery so was absent from blogging for some time, but am back and following you and all of my have bloggers again!

Best wishes,
Roz

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

P.S. I just want you to know that my husband and I kept all the people of New Orleans in our prayers and thoughts during the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac. I hope that you weathered the storm without damage.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Marguerite,
I have been thinking about you and the wonderful folks of your State in the recent storms. A group of men from our church have to down to help out with communications.

Your Muffaletta Casserole looks wonderful and I will be making this recipe very soon. Good luck on your move, we will be watching for your return. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

ellen abbott said...

I wish you a smooth move and look forwards to lots of cajun doin's when you get back.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Ooo, dat looks yummy, sha!

Good luck with the move. Have missed checking in at your delicious blog. Hugs

Pat Tillett said...

Yum!
I fondly look back on the days when I could fit everything I own in my car. Alas, those days are far far behind me. Good luck on your move!

Celeste said...

Just came across your site. This looks delicious- - looking forward to more! We have not moved for 11 years (a record in my life) and just getting the living room floors redone and the kitchen remodeled (and having to clear everything out) has me seeing how much stuff can be accumulated- - feel your pain! Good luck with your move.

Martha said...

Yum! This is totally an Italian/Cajun kind of meal - the best of both best for ever worlds :)

Martha said...

PS - happy moving! Sure hope this is a positive thing and nothing to do with the hurricane!

hidden art of homemaking said...

this looks so good Marguerite...
hope your moving goes smoothly..and you are so right, living somewhere for a while..well, moving helps to clean out some stuff..LOL
Mona

Drick said...

Hop you are settling in now ... I could not imagine moving, our house is filled to the brim - I sent you an email so let me know when you get it,,,

Kittie Howard said...

Good luck with your move. We moved a lot in the military. It's not fun, but it's so worth it when the new place is set up and operational. I used to joke that everyone had to sign a disclaimer not to blame me for anything I said till then as I was temporarily insane, LOL. You're gonna love your new place!

Reggie said...

Sounds delicious.