Sunday, March 3, 2013

Muffaletta Poboys w/ Creole Olive Salad

Here is a sinfully delicious poboy that is easy to make and can be prepared after one quick trip to the grocery store. Although I adore traditional Muffalettas, these are so easy to make and don't require an elusive ingredient list. And my Creole Poboy Spread and homemade Creole Olive Salad, (recipes below) top them off perfectly. Cest bon, cher! Enjoy!

Cajun Muffaletta Poboys

1 loaf French bread
1/4 lb. deli ham, thinly sliced
1/4 lb. Genoa salami, thinly sliced
1/4 lb. each, Mozzarella and Provolone cheese, sliced
1 cup olive salad, with oil, (recipe below)
2 tbs.'s poboy spread, (recipe below)
Lettuce and sliced tomatoes




Split the loaf horizontally. Spread top half with Creole poboy spread. Spread bottom half with olive salad. Place meats and cheeses in layers,  on bottom half of bread. Top with shredded lettuce and tomatoes and other half of loaf. Cut in half and serve with a cold beer. Fab!


Marguerite's Creole Poboy Spread

1/2 cup light mayo
1/4 cup Creole or Dijon mustard
1 tbs. ketchup
1 tbs. pickle relish
1 tbs. horseradish
Few shakes salt
Few shakes Tabasco

Combine all ingredients and stir until well blended and chill for 30 minutes. Store any unused portion in an airtight container and store in fridge for up to 3 days.

Creole Olive Salad 

1 cup stuffed green olives
1 cup black olives
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
1 tbs. sliced green onions
1 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1 tbs. capers
2 tsp.'s dried oregano
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
3 tbs.'s red wine vinegar
1/2 cup Virgin olive oil 

Combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and well blended. Place in an airtight container and pour oil over olive mixture and mix well. Let marinate at least overnight. Will keep in fridge for up to 1 week.

I'll be sharing these at ~
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

^^^^^^^
Hope that you all have a wonderful week!. Merci beaucoup for passing by!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I love everything you cook. This is another winner for sure. Thank you for posting.

Mike said...

Wow, that looks fantastic! There's nothing better than a big ole muffaletta!

Thanks for posting.

Pam said...

OK, I'm drooling! Love the po'boy, and your olive salad sounds delicious! My family would love it, so I'll have to make it. You have a great week, Marguerite!

Cloudia said...

Y'all come over and bring dat food!
Aloha

Big Dude said...

Your sandwich looks super good Marguerite and I like the sound of both your olive salad and spread.

Susanna Powers said...

Hi Marguerite, this looks absolutely delicious! I hope you're having a lovely Sunday, thanks, sp

Eddie Bluelights said...

You plus your super recipe do make a strong case for me to catch a plane and tuck in at your table . . . . can I have some beer as well please?
Hope you had a great weekend plus week ahead.

I have been rather lazy posting these days but . . . . watch this space LOL

the wild magnolia said...

We had our first this year in the quarter. Delicious. We ate half, took half home.

I have a love affair for New Orleans and Louisiana.

thank you for all the good recipes.

the wild magnolia said...

We had our first this year in the quarter. Delicious. We ate half, took half home.

I have a love affair for New Orleans and Louisiana.

thank you for all the good recipes.

Leslie said...

This sounds amazing!!! I would love this olive salad! It all looks delish!
Blessings,
Leslie

Unknown said...

Wow you make me miss Nola! I've eaten in your restaurant with my daughters. Great memories. Will have to repin this for them.

hidden art of homemaking said...

this looks so yummy.hope you are doing good....
Mona

T. said...

Stunningly delicious looking sandwich. OMG. Now I'm hungry!

Jeane M. said...

Hearty sandwich always makes my tummy happy and my lips smiling. Love this Poboy. Got my eye on your next posts.

Pat Tillett said...

Hi Marguerite!
That really looks good! I'm all about sandwiches and this looks like a great one!

Linda Starr said...

I'm going to have to try that olive salad, I'll have to eat the whole thing cause Gary doesn't like olives. Ha.

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

I could easily eat that whole po boy all by myself! Great spread recipe!

Cro Magnon said...

I had to look-up 'poboy'; now I know. It looks delicious, and as it's almost lunchtime here, I might just make myself one!!!

New Orleans Swamp Tours said...

I'm also not familiar with 'poboy' but I think it's good enough to make myself one sometime.

Anonymous said...

I made this sandwich for our Fat Tuesday dinner and this was amazing. The olive salad and the creole spread are the best! This was very easy to make. Thank you for this recipe