Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shrimp Poboys + T.G.I.F. w/ The Pineleaf Boys !

Here's a Cajun favorite that is my absolute fave, too! One bite of this sinfully delicious poboy will send you into orbit, cher! When I tell you that these are fabulous, then you know that I mean it! And so easy to make, for those busy days. The delicious blending of flavors of the succulent, crispy shrimp and the poboy spread is so divine! Bon Appetit!

First, make the spread.

Marguerite's Creole Poboy Spread

Combine:
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup creole or Dijon mustard
1 tbs. ketchup
1 tbs. pickle relish
1 tbs.. horseradish
few shakes sea salt
few shakes Tabasco

Stir until well blended and chill for 30 minutes, while frying shrimp.

Fried Shrimp Poboys

1 lb. peeled and diveined shrimp (24 ct.)
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, combined with 1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 cups fine French bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying

1 loaf French bread, 1 tomato, sliced, shredded lettuce, Creole poboy spread

Season shrimp with the pepper, rubbing on all sides. In shallow bowl,whisk the eggs, then add the Pet milk and the salt. Spread the flour on one cookie sheet and the bread crumbs on another. Roll shrimp in the flour, then in the egg mixture. Then roll the shrimp in the breadcrumbs. Arrange on large platter and chill for 15 minutes.

Place vegetable oil about 3 inches deep in a large, heavy skillet. Heat until oil reaches 375 degrees. Deep fry the shrimp, in batches, turning after 3 minutes, on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Brush inside of the loaf with my Creole Spread, and add lettuce and tomato. Arrange shrimp on French bread and cut in half. Serves 2 Enjoy!

*************************************************************************************
T.G.I.F. and Happy Spring!

We started out at Agave', for happy hour, before crossing over to Parc Sans Souci, where "The Pine Leaf Boys" were playing their spicy style of Cajun music. The crowd was rockin' and ready to dance off some stress, that had been building up all week, at work.

And there was some nitty-gritty dancin' going on, cher! My Dad says, "It should be a law that everyone in the country should go out and have fun on Fridays! And he is 88 years young! There were 3 generations, all dancing next to each other, at this fun weekly event, in downtown Lafayette.



I took a little video clip, and I apologize again, for the poor quality of the audio. I have decided that it must be the camera, so I am shopping for a new camera.
Please TURN YOUR VOLUME TO LOW, before viewing. Let the good times roll!


Wishing ya'll a happy first day of Spring and a fun and fabulous weekend!


10 comments:

Maggie May said...

The Shrimp Poboys sound good.
And....... you are always ready for some dancing. Lovely people and lovely place.

Nuts in May

Marguerite said...

Maggie- Thanks for your lovely compliments! I allow myself to indulge in a shrimp poboy, only once in a while, because they are very high in calories. But so delicious! Cajuns love to dance because it is so much fun and we are brought up with it. Have a great weekend!

Jo said...

You just have waaaaay too much fun, Marguerite. Love it...!

Marguerite said...

Jo- Thanks! There is no such thing as TOO MUCH FUN, especially in Cajun Country! Wish you were here, cher! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Kat said...

You KNOW how I love those shrimp poboys and your sauce sounds divine. I will give it a try for sure.

Kathryn Magendie said...

[so sorry about your friend, Marguerite]

Eddie Bluelights said...

I'll make a deal with you!
I'll learn Cajun dancing with you if you and I can learn Irish River Dancing. I'm putting a great post on my Plato blog.

Meanwhile would love to indulge in Shrimp Poboys and the dancing is cool.
Thanks for your lovely comment at my place ~ Hugs Eddie x

aslan said...

Shrimp Popboys seem very fresh and
I like it.But what will be do the
calories dear friend?

It'best to dance American folk:)

Thanks for sharing!

I wish you a vert good and healty
week with your family.

Best regards from Turkey.

Jeanne said...

Recipe sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing and good to see you back.

Marguerite said...

Kat- Yes, I do KNOW, because I love them that much, too!! Merci, cher, the sauce is fab! So glad that you want to try it! You will love it, but the hotter, the better!

Kathryn- Thank you so much for your kind comment. You are such a cher amie, and I preciate you comin' by, sha!

Eddie- Sounds like a good deal to me! I will have to research Irish River dancing, but it sounds like fun. Merci beaucoup for your sweet comment and you're quite welcome, cher! I'll be over soon!

Aslan- So good to hear from you, mon ami! Yes, they are a bit high in calories, but that's why we dance a lot, to burn the calories off! Merci for coming by, cher, you're very welcome! Hope you have a great week, too! Cheers!

Jeanne- So happy to see you! Thanks so much for the nice compliment and for stopping by! It's my pleasure, mon cher!