Thursday, December 20, 2018

Cajun Holiday Favorites

It's that time of the year again for Christmas and New Year's parties and festivities and I wanted to share a few of my family's favorite holiday party recipes. I like to have an assortment of family party favorites served in a casual buffet style and let guests help themselves whenever they choose.  They are perfect for all of your parties and gatherings and will fit in nicely at your New Year's celebration, too. All are sinfully delicious and guaranteed to please your family and friends. Why not start the party off right with a round of delicious drinks. Cheers and Bon Appetit!
 

  Ultimate Cajun Eggnog 

 











^^^^^^^^
 Spicy Cajun Crab Dip 

1 lb. lump crab meat
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 (8 oz.) pkg.'s cream cheese, softened
1/2 pint sour cream
4 tbs.'s mayo
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. Creole mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. or more, Cajun seasoning
Tabasco to taste

Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, onion, lemon juice, mustard, and seasonings, in a large bowl. Mix well and fold in crab meat and cheddar cheese.


Place in a buttered 2 1/2 qt. casserole dish and bake @ 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with pastry shells, veggies, or crackers. Fab!

 Baked Muffaletta Dip w/ Mini Toasts


 Crawfish Spinach Bread Bowl  





 














Cajun Ham w/ Honey-Mustard Bourbon Glaze


















 Creole Potato Salad



















 














Mama's Cornmeal Biscuits
 

 

 


 









Bourbon Brownies w/ Praline Icing 

 

 ^^^^^^^^
  For my Cajun Christmas Dinner Menu, click here.

Happy Holidays Ya'll! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

4 comments:

Big Dude said...

I was just thinking about you the other day and how I miss seeing your music and dancing videos.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Wow! Thinking I might have to change my menu. Will definitely go for that Egg Nog recipe.

Merry Christmas to you, my dear. Enjoy!

Susanna Powers said...

I want to try the sweet potato biscuits! Merry Christmas and have a happy 2019. sp

Eddie Bluelights said...

Gosh, it all looks delicious. I really don't know which to choose first . . . then second . . . then third . . . to n. lol

Very Happy 2019 and I expect you are diving into Mardis Gras activity soon. Cheers, Cher.