Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Cajun Crawfish Boil & Pig Roast ?



One of my dear bloggie buds sent me some pictures in an email, of a shindig that he went to that went on for two days in Millville, Delaware, this weekend. Yes that's right, Delaware! When I saw the pictures, I couldn't help but wonder if maybe some of the lost Cajuns of Katrina could have ended up in Delaware.When you're throwing a crawfish boil and a pig roast within twenty four hours, you'd have to think that Cajuns were somehow involved. After all, many people from New Orleans had ended up in every state in the country, after the mother of all storms hit on August 29, 2005'. When I asked my bud about this, he said that the people throwing the party were from the Eastern Shore of Delaware, but were currently working for a company owned and run by Cajuns! So, it all started to make sense to me. 


Looked exactly like a party that I went to in March, on the bayou in Abbeville. My friend, Cleo throws a big crawfish boil/pig roast every Spring and it is always a blow out of a good time. Cleo is a gracious hostess and spares no expense to make sure that her guests have a great time. When a band is playing at a person's home, then you know that it's going to be good. 

This shindig in Delaware also had a band playing! It looks to me like the friends in Delaware have become honorary Cajuns and they sure know how to throw a party. How does one become an honorary Cajun? One good crawfish boil/pig roast and then you'll understand. Great food, great music, and good old Cajun hospitality, honorary or not.

Let the Good Times Roll , Cher!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Your site is one of my favorites seen around blog explosion. Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading your blog. It is great to find someone who can find the fun things in life! I wish you all the best in all years. I look forward to developing a friendship and networking with you. Take a look at my websites AriesTrade Network in Europe.

With Regards,
Karoly Domonyi
http://www.twitter.com/aries_hu

Expat From Hell said...

In some strange way, Katrina has blessed the Yankee world! Now good times roll "up there", as well. Great post!

ExpatFromHell

Marguerite said...

Thanks so much Domonyi for your kind words and for adding me to your reading list. So glad that you enjoy it. Having fun is at the top of the Cajun priority list, thus the Cajun motto, "Lassiez les Bon Ton Roulet'."

Marguerite said...

Thanks, Expat. It is ironical that such a terrible tragedy has helped to spread the contagious "joie de vivre" of the Cajun people. Guess that every cloud has a silver lining. A friend of mine from New Orleans, and many others, ended up in eastern Tennessee, after Katrina. They have formed a group called "The Lost Cajuns of Tennessee", and get together often and support each other in their new home.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

You can take the Cajun out of Louisiana but you can't take Louisiana out of the Cajun. I wonder how many states or regions can legitimately claim this?

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I am hungry now, this happens after visiting your blog!

Marguerite said...

Katherine- The answer to your question is: one! lol I love that quote; it is so true!

Marguerite said...

Thanks Elizabeth. Now try this recipe, you will love it!