Friday, July 17, 2009

Yoga for Better Sleep, Insomnia, or Relaxation

My good friend, Jo, over at A Majority of Two , had a very interesting post today about insomnia. It prompted me to share a good yoga video with all of my bloggie friends who may be experiencing some form of insomnia. Some have trouble falling asleep, others wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep. Yet, others find it hard to sleep at all. I have been into yoga for many years, for mental, physical, and spiritual well being. It is relaxing to do and not stressful on your joints, like other workouts. My favorite yoga book is called "A Morning Cup of Yoga". It includes a cd and takes no more than 15 minutes to complete, to reap benefits all day long.
Click on this link to order book.


A Morning Cup of Yoga: One 15-Minute Routine for a Lifetime of Health & Wellness [With CD] [MORNING CUP OF YOGA]

Relax.............. and do these simple exercises when you can't sleep, cher! Hope that everyone has a great weekend and sweet dreams!

6 comments:

Laura said...

What wonderful information. I am off to find the book!

Laura

California Girl said...

She's very informative as well as doing helpful poses. I like her explanations of why each movement or posture helps. Are there more of her videos?

Marguerite said...

Laura- So glad that you find this post helpful. I just realized that this book is no longer available on Amazon. However, it is available on Ebay.

Cal. Girl- Yes, go to www.youtube.com/user/elvisweiss
She really is a great teacher.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I'm all for curing insomnia. Thanks for the "calming" video.

Will look into the book.

Marguerite said...

Welcome Julie and thanks for visiting. Yoga calms the mind and the body and has been a part of my routine for many years. Hope that you find it helpful, too.

Niyati said...

Yoga and Meditation may be an effective in the treatment of insomnia. And I have some good yoga tips at http://www.jiyohealthy.com/category/stress/ which will help u. Yoga today is very important in people’s life. It keeps people healthy.