Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Lovely Light Cajun Lunch

When my daughter called and said that she wanted to have lunch, I was thrilled. We decided to go to one of our favorite lunch spots in downtown Lafayette that has a lovely patio and live entertainment on Friday nights. Since she is a vegetarian, recently turned pescatarian, she opted for the Cajun Grilled Tuna Steak with Garden Salad.


After eating festival food for five days I wanted something light and delicious. The Shrimp Stuffed Avocado is my favorite item on the menu when I'm in a low-cal mood, so it was my choice. Both were absolutely divine. Oh cest' bon, cher ! We were at this same restaurant last Friday night, and this popular honky tonk, rockabilly, band called "The Roebucks" was playing. The place was "packed to the gills" since it was located right in between two big music stages at Festival International.


Although it was quite dark, I managed to get a clip of one of their rockabilly numbers. Lots of hot dancing going on, too! And looks like we'll be doing the whole festival thing all over again this weekend, with The Crawfish Festival, in Breaux Bridge, and Jazz Fest, in New Orleans. Rest up, my friends, because it's all going to be a blast! More great music, food, and fun! Oh,the life of a Cajun !

The Roebucks

No comments: