Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cajun Grilled Pork Chops + Weekend Fun

With the unusually cool Spring we've been having in Cajun country, it's been perfect weather for grilling up some Cajun faves. Here's a fabulous recipe for grilled pork chops. I am also grilling some jalapeno sausage and veggie kabobs. The secret is in the rub (recipe below) and is guaranteed to please your family and guests. Cest bon, cher! Bon appetit!

Cajun Grilled Pork Chops 

4 center cut pork chops
2 tbs.'s Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco to taste

Rub
2 tbs.'s salt
1 tbs. cayenne pepper
1 tbs. black pepper
2 tbs.'s paprika
2 tbs.'s garlic powder
2 tbs.'s onion powder
1 tbs. dried thyme

1 tbs. dried oregano


Mix all ingredients in a bowl and rub into both sides of chops. Shake on Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Allow to sit for 15 minutes before grilling.


Grill on a preheated medium high grill on indirect heat for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, basting twice with my Spicy Cajun BBQ Sauce. (recipe below) Enjoy!

 
Spicy Cajun BBQ Sauce
 

1 cup ketchup
4 tbs.'s Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. each, yellow mustard and Creole mustard

1/4 cup molasses
6 dashes Tabasco
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped

Place all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Keep warm, until ready to use.


Serve with my  Spicy Cajun Dirty Rice and Grilled Veggie Kabobs for a delightful meal.














^^^^^^
Weekend Fun

It was a beautiful Spring weekend in Cajun country, packed with fun! We started out at the Bach Lunch at Parc Sans Souci in downtown Lafayette. The Revelers were entertaining the crowd.















After all of that dancing, it was time for a cold drink and so it was on to Agave Cantina for a round of frozen Margaritas.














We also went to the Boudin Festival where Kevin Naquin and the Ossun Playboys were rockin' the crowd.



Wishing all of you a wonderful week, filled with fun! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

12 comments:

Big Dude said...

That's a great looking grill full of food.

Linda Starr said...

Grilled anything especially with homemade BBQ sauce, and the Agave Cantina sounds wonderful.

Jenn said...

Those pork chops sound so good!

Brandon Ax said...

Making me hungry and I just ate, lol.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Boy I was hungry! I was late here last time but made sure I got here for the party! I suspect folks were wondering if I was OK seeing as I am usually here earlier. The 'grub' looks divine as usual and the music real 'groovy. Hope your weekend was fab and have a great week ~ Eddie hugs

Gypsy Heart said...

Oh my, looks & sounds divine! Wish I had been there for a margarita too. I've missed you ~ have a lot of catching up to do!

Have a wonderful week, cher!
xo
Pat

Senka I said...

Hi,
We’ve recently launched the website RecipesUS.com. It’s a search engine that aims to gather all the best recipes from US websites and blogs in one place. We’ve noticed that you have a lot of great looking recipes on your blog that we would love to feature on our site. To read more about how it all works and to sign up with your blog, please visit: http://recipesus.com or send us an email on info@recipesus.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Senka

Dee said...

Now that I'm living back in LA, we live in Scott. I was really looking forward to the Boudin Festival only to realize that I had to miss it because I had a wedding to go to! I'll be sure to catch it next year though. We're going to Festival International this weekend, this is the first time I've ever been to it. Should be a fun time!

Unknown said...

Love the Blog and will be cooking some Cajun food this weekend. Thanks for all the awesome tips.

Pat Tillett said...

Yum! I never met a pork chop I didn't like and I think I'd LOVE these!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hey louisiana lady! just dropping by to say hello and to wish you a wonderful weekend - and then, get here to find those absolutely divinely delicious pork chops! be still my heart! ;)

Pam said...

Woo hoo! You know how to live down there, good food, good music and dancing! Everything looks so good and I'd about anything for one of those chops right now. Have to try that rub! Merci beaucoup!