Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Crab and Shrimp Enchiladas + Festival Fun

Here's a spicy Cajun favorite that is perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebration or anytime you want a fabulous meal. Sinfully good, cher and so easy to make. Bon appetit!

Crab and Shrimp Enchiladas

3 tbsp.'s butter
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1 bell pepper, chopped

1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lb. peeled medium shrimp
1/2 lb. lump crab meat, picked over 
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can hot enchilada sauce, divided
1 (4 oz.) can green chilies, drained
1 tsp. or more, Cajun seasoning
8 count package flour tortillas

 1 (1/2) cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)

In large skillet, saute the onion, bell pepper, seasoning, on medium heat, for about 5 minutes. Add shrimp and saute and stir for about 5 minutes on each side.


Pour in mushroom soup, half of the enchilada sauce, crab meat, and green chilies. Stir and mix well. Add salt to taste. Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
 
Place tortilla in a shallow dish and spread 1/2 cup of the mixture on top, sprinkle with  cheese, roll, and place in a greased, 13 x 9 baking pan, with seams down. Repeat.

When complete, pour other half of enchilada sauce, evenly on top and sprinkle top with remaining Pepper Jack cheese, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese,  green onions, and cilantro. 

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts. 


Serve with my Corn, Black Bean, and Tomato SalsaBon appetit!








I'll be sharing these at ~
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
See Ya in the Gumbo @ Ms. EnPlace

^^^^^^
Festival International de Louisiane

We had an absolute bon ton at Festival International, enjoying 5 straight days of fabulous food, music, and fun. The weather was great also, which made the whole event even more enjoyable. Here are a few pics that I took of some of the awesome food that we ate from the Pavillion de Cuisine. The lines were long, but well worth the wait.



Crawfish Spinach Bread Bowl



Blackened Shrimp Wrap



We also had dinner at a few choice restaurants downtown. The Jalapeno Cheeseburgers were out of this world!




And the fried shrimp en brochette was divine!


There were 6 music stages and the music was incredible.








Kick Off Dance

The Lost Bayou Ramblers got the ball rolling on Wednesday evening at the Kick Off fais do do and there was a whole lotta nitty-gritty dancin' going on.




Hope that you all are having a wonderful week! Merci beaucoup for passing by!

12 comments:

Cloudia said...

Love partying with you :-)

Big Dude said...

Next time we stay at a nearby campground, rather than inviting you to supper, I'm inviting myself to your house :-) - you make some amazing food. That festival looks like real fun, you Cajuns know how to throw a party.

the wild magnolia said...

oo la la!

Good food, good times.

always so many good things from you.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Oh, yum! That sounds like my kinda cinqo de mayo chow.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Now look, I'm on a diet!!!
But I think I'll give you a big surprise and arrive with Big Dude to tuck into your goodies. Now wouldn't that surprise you! LOL

Hugs ~ Eddie

Linda Starr said...

It's been so long since I've had enchiladas or any Mexican food oh if only I could taste them off the screen. Ha.

Susanna Powers said...

I'll have an order of fried shrimp en brochette! (please, I'm starving). Although just yesterday I had my one annual soft-shell crab po-boy at the Jazz Fest, so you would think I'd be satisfied in the fried seafood department. have a fun weekend, sp

Rosaria Williams said...

Such a treat coming here! Food, music, fun all wrapped up and served with a big smile.
Love it!

Woodworkin' & Good Eats said...

The more that I visit your blog the more I think that you should have a show on the Food Network. What is wrong with those people . . . they should be knocking down your door.
Steve

Michelle B said...

Awesome enchiladas! Gotta love that crab and shrimp combo. And you know I'm all over creamy sauces. Thanks for sharing this delicious and fun post.

Kittie Howard said...

Cher, where's your cookbook (hard copy) so I can buy it? I'm one of those who likes to sit at the kitchen table and thumb through a cookbook for ideas, make selections and so on. I don't have that many cookbooks, but yours I want.

Thanks for the link! Will check it out later, after a cuppa coffee or two . . . and will share this path info once I get it. Come to find out, it's incredibly important. Oh, but I wish I weren't computer illiterate!

Our house in NC is actually larger but the floor plan's different so it's either deal with stuff now or kick myself later for not doing so. Hub will be able to tele-commute with his work, what had been holding us back from moving, but that's been sorted out so we're outta this DC traffic/I-95 corridor next summer. Thank God!

Bayou Princess comes out in late Aug or early Sept. It's a light-hearted story. Madeleine's got competition from Claire . . . .

Hope all's well with you!!!

Anonymous said...

There are a host of different rapid prototyping know-how.
metal tools should be cleaned and coated with a light
oil to quit rusting.

My page; bezbolesne leczenie zębów