Friday, April 2, 2010

More Cajun Easter Delights !

When I began planning my Easter buffet, I wanted to make a few of my family's favorite appetizers. Without a doubt, this is the one that they request, over and over, again. With the weather being warmer, it is light, and served chilled. Out of this world, cher! I like to serve this delectable Shrimp Remoulade on lettuce leaves, in Margarita glasses, and garnish with a lemon slice and jalapenos. Cest bon, cher!

 

Spicy Shrimp Remoulade

1/2 cup light mayo
1 tbs. Creole or Dijon mustard
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1 tbs. ketchup
1 tbs. white wine vinegar
1 tbs. horseradish
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
salt to taste
few shakes Tabasco
few shakes Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 bunch green onions, chopped fine
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine

2 lbs. cooked shrimp (for my spicy boiled shrimp recipe, click here)

Combine all ingredients in large bowl, and blend well. Add shrimp and mix well, to coat. Serve with salad bar. Enjoy!

***********


Next, I'd like to share with ya'll, one of the best ham recipes that I've ever tried. So, I am re-posting my Cajun Baked Ham w/Sugarcane- Bourbon Glaze recipe, since I know that many of you will be cooking a ham for Easter, too. Trust me, on this one, cher, it will not disappoint! Cest bon, cher!


Cajun Baked Ham w/Sugar Cane-Bourbon Glaze

1 fully cooked ham, 6 to 8 lbs.

Glaze
 
1/2 cup pure cane syrup, (Steen's)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup bourbon
1 tsp. creole mustard
Dash of ground cloves, cinnamon, and allspice

Place ham, fat side up in a large roasting pan. Cook at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer reads 148 degrees. About half way through, make the glaze. Combine all glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Spread half of the glaze over the ham about 30 minutes before ham is done. Spread other half of glaze in the final 10 minutes. Bon Appetit! So easy, so delicious!

Wishing you all a very blessed, holiday weekend! Merci for stopping by!

HAPPY EASTER!!!

26 comments:

John said...

I suspect you will be having a good Easter buffet with a well loaded table. Have a good one.

Joanne said...

We're having a ham too, with all the veggies, and a lasagna on the side. Happy Easter to you, Marguerite ... Enjoy!

Mehmet Osman Çağlar said...

Hmmmm it seems wonderful dear friend.

..have a nice happy weekend.

rgds.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Enjoy your Easter, cher Marguerite - I know somehow you will not starve LOL

Jeni said...

Your recipes -and the pictures you post of the various foods too -really knock me out! I'd love to try the shrimp dish but sad to say, there are too many in the family who won't eat shellfish so fixing those things means also I have to prepare other things then to suit them and that means extra work in the kitchen which I am totally against.
But -we're having ham for our Easter meal and I think I can handle the glaze you suggested here and I rather think it would be quite a welcome surprise to feed something like that to the family!
Happy Easter and Peace!

Nancy said...

This is a couple that I will have to try! Easter is going to be good at your house! Hope you have a wonderful one!

nanny said...

I just accidentally found your blog....wow....I'm using all the ink on my printer, printing so many wonderful recipes.....
Have a great Easter!

Cloudia said...

oooooWEEEEEE!




Aloha from Hawaii Cher :)


Comfort Spiral

Sniffles and Smiles said...

That ham looks spectacular...my mouth is watering!!! You are such a gifted chef!! I'm in such awe, dear Marguerite!! Happy Easter to you!! Love you! Janine XO

Marguerite said...

John- Well loaded is right! And now we're going to boil some crawfish, too! Thanks, and a Happy Easter to you, too, cher!

Joanne- Sounds like a wonderful spread! And I love Lasagna, too. Merci, cher, hope you have a very Happy Easter, too, mon ami!

Jivago- Thanks for your good wishes and sweet compliment, mon cher! Hope you have a fun weekend!

Eddie- Merci beaucoup for your nice comment, cher! You got dat right! Have a blessed Easter!

elegantnodes said...

just visited your blog, please would you want to visit my blog again, I hope my blog will give you a new information, thank you

Cathy said...

Oh damn Marguerite - that ham looks delicious! I bet it would make great sandwiches the next day :)

misti said...

Thanks, Marguerite! And happy Easter to you and yours.

P.S. I made your shrimp creole recipe for my husband last week, only I didn't have any wine so I used a little wheat beer. My husband said it's one of the best I ever made. Thanks for sharing!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

You will be seeing the shrimp soon... would happily trade a few days in St Thomas for an invite to one of your buffets!

aslan said...

I shouldn't look food blogs when
I'm hungry. It seems very wonderful
Marguerite!

I wishh you a happy weekend.

Best wishes from Türkiye..

Marguerite said...

Jeni- So good to hear from you, cher! I am delighted that you want to try the glaze! Your family will love you for it! Enjoy and have a Happy Easter!

Nancy- Thanks, I hope you try them, especially the shrimp! Hope you have a wonderful Easter, too, cher! Merci for stopping by!

Nanny- Hi, and welcome! I'm so glad that you did! Merci beaucoup for the lovely compliment! And Happy Easter to you, too!

Cloudia- Thanks, cher! Have a Happy Easter in paradise! Aloha!

Janine- Oh, mon cher amie, you are such a dear friend! Merci for your sweet compliments. Hope you have a blessed and Happy Easter!

Amy B. said...

Happy easter! I like the prawn dish, thanks for sharing! :-)

Jo said...

Oh, yum!!! Two wonderful recipes that I look forward to trying.

Happy Easter!

Cheers,
Jo

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh yum! i've never had the shrimp dish before. It looks fantastic. Thanks for the recipe.

Hope your Easter was grand.

jj

25BAR said...

delicious! looks delicious!
I'm sure it is.

Marguerite said...

elegantnodes- Hi and welcome! Thanks so much for visiting!

Cathy- Thanks, there was very little ham left, but I did manage to make one good sandwich, today, and I am making Red Beans and Rice with the ham bone.

misti- Merci beaucoup for trying the Shrimp Creole recipe! So glad that your hubby liked it, so much. Adding beer sounds great!

Dave- Sounds like a deal made in heaven! I would love to have you attend any or all of my buffets! You and Jackie should move here!

aslan- Merci for your sweet comment, cher! And I wish you a happy week! Cheers!

Dinners and Dreams said...

The shrimp looks so yummy. I adore cajun food.

Have a great evening!

Nisrine

Eddie Bluelights said...

I'm coming back for some more ham!
My mouth is watering! LOL
Hope you had an enjoyable Easter ma cherie ~ Eddie x

Pame Recetas said...

Great recipes Marguerite! I really enjoy your blog, you are giving me so many nice ideas. I'm not cooking too much currently, but looking forward to going back to my pans and spoons as soon as I move to my new home in a couple of months.

Marguerite said...

Amy B.- Hi and welcome to Cajun country! So glad that you like the Cajun food! Merci for your nice comment and for coming by!

Jo- Thanks, cher, for your lovely comment! Hope you try them! Cheers, mon amie!

Joanna- So good to hear from you! Thanks, the Shrimp Remoulade is fab! You're welcome, it's my pleasure!

25BAR- Welcome and thanks for the sweet comment and for coming by! Cajun food is really delicious!

Dinners and Dreams- Thanks so much for the nice compliment! So glad that you stopped by! Hope that you have a good day, too!

Eddie- You always make me laugh, mon ami! Thanks, my Easter was most enjoyable! Hope yours was, too, cher!

Pamela- Merci beaucoup for your nice compliments, cher! I'm happy that you enjoy it! A new home sounds exciting! Cheers!

The Good Cook said...

Oh - I remember this ham from last year! I can vouche for its yumminess.. we had rack of lamb this year instead of ham.. but I still have this recipe.