Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Creole Shrimp and Pasta Salad + Holiday Pics

Here's one of my favorite summer delights, that is a delicious blend of succulent, Cajun boiled shrimp and creamy Creole sauce. Click here for my Spicy Cajun Boiled Shrimp recipe. When I tell you that it is divine, then you know that I mean it, cher! Oh, cest bon! And so easy and perfect for those hot summer days! Bon Appetit!

Creole Shrimp Pasta Salad


10 ounces Rotini pasta, cooked and drained, according to package directions.
1 1/2 lbs. small cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup each, onions, bell pepper, and celery, chopped fine
1 small can, sliced, pitted black olives

Combine cooked shrimp, veggies, and pasta in large bowl and set aside.
 
 
Creole Sauce

1 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup chili sauce
1 tbs. Creole or Dijon mustard
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tbs. Creole or Cajun seasoning
Salt and Tabasco sauce to taste

Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Add to pasta veggie mixture, and toss until well coated. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with a good loaf of French bread and a glass of wine. Bon Appetit!

*******
Holiday Pics

It was a another great weekend in Cajun country! Of course, the food was fabulous and the music was fantastic at the "Red, White and Boom" celebration at Parc International, in downtown Lafayette.

It was warm and humid, so we started off with a few cold drinks at the Smoothie Stand. I ordered the Pina Colada Daquiri and my friend tried the Electric Lemonade. Oh my gawd!


The crowd was in a spirited mood and was priming up for the Fourth of July show and fireworks. The Hunter Hayes Band were kickin' off this party and rockin, the crowd!


Next up was the Fourth of July ceremony, beginning with the United States Marine Corp. The crowd was then treated to the Acacdiana Symphony Orchestra, playing the National Anthem.


Here's a little clip that I took, right before my camera batteries went out. So much for getting some great pics of the fireworks. Cest la vie, cher! Hope ya'll had a wonderful holiday, too!




Merci beaucoup for stopping by, mon amis!

19 comments:

Joanne said...

A very patriotic weekend indeed! I think we had a bit of your Louisiana weather here, humid with temps in the 90s. But all in all, bbq's and fireworks, a grand birthday weekend for our country :)

Rosaria Williams said...

It looks delightful! I see drive-throughs for daiquiri, could that be real? Now, that's cool!

Cloudia said...

I'm THERE in my imagination, thanks to you, Cher!




Aloha from Waikiki :)

Comfort Spiral

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I love the 4th of July. Perhaps my favorite holiday. So easy and such fun.

John said...

I guess we had to let the colony go! Since we did, you guys in the south seem to have been enjoying yourselves.

Keri said...

Hello There. I happenend upon your blog and have had a nice romp thru some of it this morning. You have an extrodinary talent in the kitchen, that's obvious. Hope you'll take a minute to visit my sandwich blog, It would be an honor. P.S. U should chek my friend at "first make a roux", a blogspot blogger and a sister of yours. Take care, Keri, a.k.a. Sam

California Girl said...

Happy 4th to you dear Marguerite. Looks like you celebrated in style, as always. Ya'll sure keep your sense of joy despite what's happening around you. xoxoxo

Drick said...

OM gawd is right... what a tasty salad and how did I miss that shrimp boil recipe with the remoulade sauce ...it is to die for...gonna have to make it, as soon as I can get my paws on some good shrimp...

Eddie Bluelights said...

Like your video technique, Marguerite - zooming in and out. I used to do a lot of this at my daughter's musical shows when she played parts like Sarah Brown in Guys and Dolls.

You were certainly patriotic on this ocassion - I love hearing the American National Anthem.

As for the Creole Shrimp Pasta Salad, I can only imagine that this is really tasty. Oh you do know the way into a man's heart!

My legs are much better - I will email you later. Hugs ~ Eddie

Vagabonde said...

Ah Marguerite chère amie, it’s always a delight for the eyes to look at your cooking and a feast for the ear to listen to your music clips. Love it all.

Linda Starr said...

I had some crawdads recently and I just know they had some spices in them; I'm checking out your recipe for boiled shrimp; I love shrimp salad; we're still hearing fireworks in our neighborhood. In California there werent' any due to fire danger, so we're enjoying the celebrations here.

Marguerite said...

Joanne- Yes, it was very patriotic and so much fun! It's been warm and humid here, too, but with daily afternoon showers, and nothing like the heat wave in the Northeast! Stay cool!

lakeviewer- Thanks, not only is it real, but the drive thru daiquiri stands are everywhere, here. Only in Louisiana, for sure! Cheers!

Cloudia- Glad to have you on board, cher! Have a fun weekend in paradise! Aloha!

Midlife- So glad to hear from you, cher! I love the 4th, too, and you're right, it is so easy and fun! Hope yours was fun, too!

John- Now what does that tell you?! lol Have a great weekend, cher! Thanks for stopping by!

Sam- Merci beaucoup for your lovely comment! I have been following Roux, for quite a while, now and her blog is fab! I will visit your blog soon! Many thanks for coming by and for the follow!

K. said...

When isn't it a holiday in Lafayette?

Eddie Bluelights said...

"Oh, it's a jolly holiday
With Marguerite.
Marguerite makes your 'eart so light
When the day is gray
And ordinary
Marguerite makes the sun shine bright."

As we all say, "It's a long holiday in Cajun Country it seems."
Hugs ~ Eddie

Meatloaf Recipe said...

Very nice posting!
thanks for share.

nanny said...

Oh My your pasta salad looks and sounds heavenly!!!
I love the 4th too...it's a great holiday....food and fun!~

Jeannette StG said...

Love Southern cooking, and copied this salad already, 'cause shrimp is my favorite! thanks for sharing!

Bytheway, my oldest daughter's name is Margriet(named after the Dutch princess), but because people have trouble spitting out the Dutch "g", she now goes by Marguerite -closely related!

Marguerite said...

Cal. Girl- Thanks, hope yours was fun, too! You are right about that, it's the Cajun "joie de vivre", cher! Thanks for stopping by!

Drick- Merci beaucoup, cher, for the sweet comment! So glad you like it and I hope you try the remoulade. It's simply sinful! Hope you find some good shrimp, soon.

Eddie- Merci for your kind compliments, cher! I am so happy that you're doing better! I will keep you in my prayers! Hugs!

Vagabonde- Merci beaucoup for your lovely comment, cher! I'm so glad that you enjoy them! I saw your
video of Cafe' des Amis on Youtube. Fabulous! Cheers, mon amie!

Linda- Great that you can get crawfish! Just wait till you have some crawfish etouffee, then you will be hooked! Thanks for coming by and I hope you try the shrimp salad!

Marguerite said...

K.- The only time that it isn't a holiday in Lafayette is the day after Mardi Gras, or a festival! lol You should move here! Thanks for stopping by!

Eddie- Thanks so much for your sweet poem, cher! You are a hoot, to boot! lol As always, I'm glad to oblige!

Meatloaf- Hi and welcome to Cajun country! So glad that you stopped by! Thanks, glad you liked it! You're so welcome!

nanny- Merci for the nice compliment, cher! It's very yummy and I hope you try it! Thanks for coming by!

jeanette- Hi and welcome! I'm so happy that you liked it. Shrimp is my fave, too, and I have a lot of shrimp recipes on my blog. You're very welcome, and I'm so glad that you stopped by! Great name! :)