Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cajun Ham w /Honey Mustard-Bourbon Glaze + Easter Menu + Bayou Boogie

With Easter only a few days away, I have been putting the finishing touches on my buffet menu. It is a tradition in my family to gather around noon for Bloody Mary's and Mimosas,  with a buffet style feast to follow. I will be preparing my family's Easter faves ( menu recipe links below) and most guests will be bringing a dish, as well. Plus a dear friend will be boiling some Louisiana crawfish on the patio. Life doesn't get any better than that, cher! Enjoy!

Cajun Ham w/ Honey Mustard - Bourbon Glaze

6-8 pound bone-in ham
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup Creole mustard
1/4 cup bourbon


For Oven

Place ham, fat side up in a large roasting pan. Cook at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer reads 148 degrees. About half way through, make the glaze. Combine all glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Spread half of the glaze over the ham about 30 minutes before ham is done. Spread other half of glaze in the final 10 minutes. Remove to a large platter and let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Divine!

For Crock Pot 

Place the ham into a large crock pot,  flat-side down. Rub brown sugar on all sides. In medium bowl, mix honey,  pineapple juice, mustard, and bourbon, to make glaze. Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the ham and cover and cook on low for 4 hours.  Pour remaining glaze over ham and baste with juices from bottom of the crock pot and cover and cook on low for one more hour. Remove to a large platter and let rest for 15 minutes before carving. If you've never tried to cook a ham in a crock pot, you should definitely give this recipe a try! Out of this world and couldn't be easier and is guaranteed to please your family and guests!

And be sure and save the ham bone to make my Red Beans and Rice.
Click here for the recipe.

(Click On Recipe Title To View Recipe)




  Spicy Cajun Crab Dip













Crawfish-Spinach Bread Bowl w/ Mini Toasts



 Muffaletta Pasta Salad



 Loaded Baked Potato Casserole


Jalapeno-Cheese Biscuits



 Bananas Foster Cheesecake















I'll be sharing these at ~
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @Six Sister's Stuff
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
*******
Bayou Boogie

We had an absolute blast at the Bach Lunch on Friday,  in Parc Sans Souci,  in downtown Lafayette. The Pine Leaf Boys were rockin' the crowd with their fabulous traditional Cajun sounds. This lunch is held every Friday, with local restaurants providing a boxed lunch and local bands providing the entertainment. More than a few people I know kick start their weekend here, since it is a Lafayette tradition to get off work at noon on Fridays. Oh the life of a Cajun is oh, so fun!

Pine Leaf Boys at Bach Lunch





Wishing you all a blessed and very Happy Easter! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

17 comments:

BoholstWife said...

omg!!! im hungry

Linda Starr said...

I think that's the best looking ham I've ever seen and I could eat that strawberry shortcake for breakfast. Ha.

Kat said...

Think I will try the crockpot method. Everything looks so delicious. Have a great Easter! Love, Kat

Big Dude said...

Let me get this straight - you're fixing all this delicious food AND folks are bringing a dish AND someone's boiling crawfish. Wow, what time is dinner, if I leave tomorrow I won't have to hurry to get there for the mimosa's and bloody mary's.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Nice Easter surprise - wish I was there for the treats. Would just love some Bloody Marys and Mimosas and a little bird told me recently that Pina Coladas aren't bad either. Lovely delicious meal you are having and as for the Pot Crock, well delicious but how did you know I have a bit of a pot and am quite a crock as well LOL. Just joking of course. Have a great Easter and no doubt you will spoil all your guests as usual LOL

nanny said...

Yum! I'm making a ham similar to yours but I sure need to add the potato casserole to the menu....Thanks!

Tonight it's Creole Stuffed Peppers,
ala Marguerite! Another Thanks!

Drick said...

well, there you go... I was not planning on baking a ham this year but you changed my mind, I forgot I good a Cajun ham is.... Good Friday to you and a blessed weekend...

Joy Tilton said...

This sounds so good, I am making this recipe instead of mine! So glad I popped over to your blog! Will come back and snoop some more later....

Foodiewife said...

I'm looking for a good glazed ham recipe, and I think I've found it! What I really love, is that it never occurred to make it in a slow cooker. Genius! I have one oven, and was pondering how to get the scalloped potatoes and rolls baked at the same time. The rest of the recipes look fabulous...especially the bananas foster cheesecake. Yummy!

Pat Tillett said...

Hi Marguerite!
These all look REALLY good. I'm thinking I might try the shrimp tonight! Thanks! Hope all is well...

hidden art of homemaking said...

YUMMY...these look so good especially the Muffelatta pasta salad....you have the best food...always..hoping your Easter was a good one...
Mona

Kat said...

Hey there, Marguerite,
Just wanted to let you know that I made the Honey Mustard-Burbon Glaze with crushed pineapple and juice, and it was a big hit. It really added a nice flavor to the ham. Thanks!!! Hope you had a great Easter weekend.

Velva said...

Each Easter ( almost every holiday, actually) your blog comes to mind. I am never disappointed with your food spread for family and friends.

Happy Easter to you.

Velva

Mel said...

I baked my ham with your glaze and my family loved it! Thanks for inspiring me, and I've got a list a mile long of your recipes to try.

Thanks for the music too.

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Easter.

Cloudia said...

Girl!!!




Warm Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>

Six Sisters said...

WOW! Everything looks amazing and so delicious! We loved having you join our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you next week! -The Sisters

Magic of Spice said...

That is some menu! Hope you had a wonderful Easter :)