Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bananas Foster Cheesecake + Cajun Boogie

Here's a sinfully delicious, Cajun treat that I am planning on serving on my Easter buffet. It is oh, so decadent and is surprisingly easy to make. It's a little slice of heaven served on a plate and is guaranteed to please your guests and have them begging for the recipe. Totally worth the calories, cher! Lots more to come, so stay tuned! Bon appetit!

Bananas Foster Cheesecake


Crust:

20 graham crackers
1 stick  butter, melted
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tsp. rum extract

Place graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush, using a rolling pin, or crush in  food processor. Mix graham crackers, sugar, melted butter, and rum extract in a bowl. Spread in the bottom of a buttered 9" spring form or pie pan and up 1 1/2 inches on the side. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.

Filling:

3 (8 ounce) pkg.'s cream cheese, softened
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of rum
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs

Blend cream cheese on low speed with electric mixer in a mixing bowl, and scrape sides.  Add in the sugar slowly, and continue to beat until creamy  Add rum and vanilla extract, and mix until blended  Add eggs, one at a time and continue to mix on low speed until well combined.

Pour the mixture into the crust and spread evenly. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until set and  browned lightly.  Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack  Place in the refrigerator and allow to cool,  before removing sides.
 
Topping:

2  ripe bananas, sliced
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup of rum
1 tsp. cinnamon

Combine brown sugar and butter in a sauce pan and heat over low heat  Slice and add the bananas, cinnamon, and  rum and heat and stir for 5 minutes  Remove from heat allow to cool slightly. Spread topping on cheesecake.


********
Cajun Boogie

Here's another little clip of Feufollet, playing at last week's Downtown Alive. As the sun went down, the band rev-ed up and there was some nitty-gritty dancin' going on! Crank it up for this one, cher, and let the good times roll!

Downtown Alive - Part II




 Wishing all of you a fun-filled weekend and a very Happy Spring!
 Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

18 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

OH,OH,OH! I want what you are having!

Linda Starr said...

Any kind of cheesecake is tops in my book.

California Girl said...

Marguerite, do we sauce the cheesecake only when serving or spread as we would any other topping?

Rosaria Williams said...

Ah yes! I can see this on an Easter table.

The Harried Cook said...

Looks absolutely delicious!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Well, now, isn't THAT redundant?? You say, "sinfully delicious Cajun treat", huh? I ask you, aren't ALL the recipes you post here "sinfully delicious"? This one sounds especially so.

Susanna Powers said...

All of Marguerite's recipes are delicious, but only the most delicious, decadent desserts like these are sinful! (ya gotta eat!) this looks lovely, thanks, sp

Gypsy Heart said...

Awesome!! I will definitely make this. Sounds divine and sinful which equals delish. :-)

Anxious to see what else you're serving...trying to plan my menu also.

xo
Pat

Eddie Bluelights said...

Deliciously sinful LOL

Eddie Bluelights said...

Congratulations on your 600th followers

the wild magnolia said...

yummers...

Unknown said...

This sounds amazing! Pinning now.

Drick said...

beautiful Marguerite and yup, very easy ... will make a wonderful dessert

Kittie Howard said...

OMG, Bananas Foster is what did me in at Christmas. I didn't have to return for seconds, but, gulp, I did.

I'm switching over to Firefox this evening or else Blogger will drive me nuts, LOL.

We used to go to Shreveport to visit friends of my parents from LSU days. The first time we went, it was like, wow, a totally different world.

Rosita Vargas said...

OMG...una gran receta es una delicia me encanta luce prefecta y muy bonita,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Rosita Vargas said...

OMG...una gran receta es una delicia me encanta luce prefecta y muy bonita,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Anne Steen-Tierney said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my TierneyTavern and Tierney's Creative Outlet blogs! I have been pinning your recipes to my Pinterest board like mad so other people can see the lovely goodness your blog has to offer!!
I saw under your Favorite books, you listed James Lee Burke novels. I just bought a set of those for my husband based on the recommendation of a friend of mine. Looks like maybe I ought to be reading them too!
~Anne

Magic of Spice said...

Oh my, how delightful is that!