Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cajun Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/ Bourbon-Mustard Glaze

After a few rainy days in Cajun country, it was back to grilling today for dinner guests that are coming this evening. Here's a family favorite that is so easy to prepare and guaranteed to please your family and guests. This succulent pork tenderloin is bathed in a flavorful bourbon-mustard glaze and will have them coming back for more. It's "out of this world", delicious and will send your taste buds into orbit, cher! Enjoy! Bon Appetit!

 Cajun Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/ Bourbon-Mustard Glaze



2 pork tenderloins, (1 lb. each), trimmed
Cajun Rub, (recipe below)
Bourbon-Mustard Glaze, (recipe below)






Cajun Rub

2 tsb.'s salt
1 tbs. cayenne pepper 
1 tbs. black pepper
2 tbs.'s smoky paprika
2 tbs.'s garlic powder
2 tbs.'s onion powder

1 tbs. dried parsley
1 tbs. dried thyme


Combine all in food processor and pulse until well blended. Store any remaining rub in an airtight container.


 Bourbon-Mustard Glaze 

1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup bourbon
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup cane syrup
2 tbs.'s chipotle sauce
1/4 cup Creole mustard
Few shakes Tabasco


Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

*******
Wash the pork tenderloins and pat dry. Rub them generously with the Cajun rub.


Preheat the grill on medium high heat. Place on grill for a few minutes on high. Sear until grill marks appear on all sides of the pork. Blackening will enhance the flavor.

Turn the grill down to the lowest heat, or move to the side where they will only receive indirect heat. You want to set the grill to about 325 to 350°F. Cover the grill, and let the pork cook  for about 30 minutes. Turn and baste with the bourbon-mustard glaze. Continue grilling for 15 minutes, turn and baste again, and continue grilling for 15 more minutes, for about an hour total.

Insert a meat thermometer and when the pork reaches 150°F*, take it off the grill. Remove to a platter and cover with foil and let rest about 15 minutes. Slice and serve with extra glaze.


*******
Scrumptious! Serve with a big tossed salad and my Creamy Scalloped Potatoes w/ Bacon.
.





Click here for the recipe.




I'll be sharing these at ~

*******
Time for Downtown Alive

It's that wonderful time of year again in Cajun country. Time for the Downtown Alive Spring concert series in downtown Lafayette, which is held every Friday evening beginning at 6:00 pm. Here's a little clip of the fun that was going on at last week's block party at Parc International. The fabulous "Feufollet" was rockin' the crowd. Let the good times roll, cher!
For a complete schedule, click here.

Feufollet at Downtown Alive




Hope that you are all having a wonderful week! Merci beaucoup for coming by!

20 comments:

Connie said...

Oh my goodness . . . you certainly took care of would to have for our Saturday night dinner. Yum, I can not wait. Thank you, Connie
MY MOUTH IS WATERING

Liza said...

I'm always looking for a good recipe for pork tenderloins and this looks terrific!

Linda Starr said...

Oh wonderful looking pork loins and homemade sauce too and it has been eons since I've had scalloped potatoes I must try them soon.

Rosaria Williams said...

I can see that these folks know how to live!

Wida said...

Mmmmm this looks so good! I LOVE Cajun food!

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Mal said...

This looks so incredibly delicious!!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Eddie Bluelights said...

Just been summoned by a good friend to attend your latest festivities LOL. Her invitation was very enthusiastic so I attended straight away - my she was persuasive! Glad you are blogging again and serving up great food and music. The tender loins look marvelous - wish I could eat one right now. Just popping back to your previous post to see what I've been missing - cheers cher!!

Cloudia said...

thanks for always making me feel like I've visited a good friends place!


Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

>< } } ( ° >

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Are you sure 1/4 cup of bourbon is enough? This sounds delicious - as always. I am collecting these recipes, you now. Now I just need the music and dancers to come my way.

Kat said...

Looks like a fab way to prepare a pork loin. Thanks a bunch!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your cajun grilled pork tenderloin looks so yummy You know I LOVE Cajun food! I did copy the Bourbon mustard Glaze OOOOOO THIS is going to be great for smoke pork chops right.
Can I ask you how long to get to your house for dinner from Houston Texas.
I hope some day I can come see you.
I also hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.
XXOO Diane

A Kitchen Witch said...

Well, just came home with a tenderloin...so glad I saw your post. Now I know how I want to prepare it! ; )

Martha said...

I can never stop by without drooling on my keyboard while I'm here! YUMMY!

kitchen flavours said...

Wow! Your pork tenderloin looks so delicious! Yummmy!!!

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

Marguerite, this looks amazing and I LOVE the Bourbon Mustard glaze!

Unknown said...

Looks amazing, especially the bourbon mustard glaze!

Miriam said...

Love all the flavor!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Cloudia said...

smoky paprika? cool




Warm Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Emily and Bradley said...

This looks awesome! We will be trying it out this weekend and I cannot wait! Thanks for the recipe!

Michelle B said...

Well, we're eating shrimp tonight, but I see grilling in our future. Thanks for linking up!