Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Cajun Food & Drink Diary- Part II


Although I ate a lot of fantastic food, while on vacation, after a week without Cajun food, you might say that I was craving it!

This was my welcome home dinner. Shrimp stew with chocolate bread pudding for dessert! Cest' bon, cher!


The next night, we went to Agave Mexican Restaurant for happy hour and had a round of their fabulous Margaritas. I had an envie for some Shrimp En Brochette, so we walked next door to Stan's Downtown and had a delightful drink on the patio, and ordered the brochette to go.. I had a Cherry Blossom, while we were waiting.








By this time, I was craving a salad and went to The Filling Station Pub and Grille for lunch the next day, and had the Shrimp Stuffed Avocado, (my favorite) with a nice glass of wine.





Then by Friday, I was ready for a Shrimp Poboy and headed downtown to Dwyer's Cafe.





So you can see that I haven't been missing any meals, and have been making up for lost time. Cest bon, cher! The life of a Cajun is oh, so good and there's no place like home!

10 comments:

John said...

I have to say, you guys eat well. The shrimps don't stand a chance of reaching old age.

Carol Murdock said...

I made Shrimp Stew last week but no chocolate bread pudding! That looks yummy!

Kat said...

You are right about that, there IS no place like home!! I love a good Margarita! How fortunate you are to have all that good Cajun food right at your finger tips!!
Shrimp stuffed avocado sounds the best.

The Good Cook said...

And how is it you don't weight 300 pounds? God Bless You Girl!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

One more month and I am eatin this stuff. WHOO WHOO

Marguerite said...

John- Bonjour and welcome back. I can't wait to hear about your trip to Italy and see the photos. The shrimp are divine!

Carol- My daughter made my welcome home dinner. She is a fabulous cook. The recipe for the chocolate bread pudding is easy. See my Sunday, July 17, 09' post for the recipe. Cest bon, cher!

Kat- The shrimp stuffed avocados are "to die for", cher. And these Margarita's are too! Born lucky, for sure!

Good Cook- So good to hear from you! The secret is "everything in moderation", as my Dad says. Plus a lot of dancing!

Nancy said...

You certainly have wonderful meals. I know you must dance, because you could grow large on such good cooking. :-)

Eddie Bluelights said...

I don't know where you put all that food!
I'm a big eater but the mind boggles!!!
Lovely to see you back, blogging away and having a great time. I looked at your photo and thought for a moment you gave me a little wink! - Eddie x

david mcmahon said...

Shrimp + avocado = winning combination!

Marguerite said...

Year on the Grill- I am preparing a list of places that you "must try" in N'awlins. You will love it!

Nancy- I keep the portions small and eat lots of salads, in between, or I would be large. And lots of dancing, too. Thanks for stopping by, cher!

Eddie- I admit, I was on a bit of a tear, when I got home. Not my normal weekly menu. lol You are so canaille, (kah-nigh), cher!

David- Great to see you! It is a great combo and one of my faves. The recipe for the shrimp salad is on my blog.