Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Spicy Creole Chicken Fettuccini

One of my oldest and dearest friends called and said that she was in town, doing a little Christmas shopping, and wanted to stop by in the evening. I was thrilled and invited  her over for dinner.The only problem was that I had to work until 4:00 pm. and didn't have time for a trip to the grocery store, so I was going to have to use what I had on hand. When I looked into my fridge, I found a package of chicken tenders, a couple of  links of Andouille sausage, and a carton of whipping cream. And of course, I always have the Cajun trinity on hand. I then looked in my pantry and found a can of portobello mushrooms, diced tomatoes with green chilies, and a package of fettuccini. Since she loves pasta, I decided to make one of my faves, that is also a favorite dish of hers. She gave me this recipe about 5 years ago and  when I tell you that it's out of this world, then you know that I mean it, cher! And so easy for those busy days. Cest bon!

Spicy Creole Chicken Fettuccini

8 oz. fettuccini pasta, cooked according to package, and  drained
1 lb. chicken tenders. cut into bite size pieces
2 links Andouille sausage, sliced thin, (or other smoked sausage)
1/2 cup each onions, bell peppers, and celery, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes w/ green chilies
1  8 oz. can chunky portabello mushrooms, drained
2 tbs.'s Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs.'s Creole seasoning, divided
Salt to taste
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In large skillet, saute the chicken and sausage on medium heat, in the olive oil, with 1/2 of the Creole seasoning,  for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables and garlic and stir fry for 5 more minutes. Add the tomatoes w /green chilies,  mushrooms, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce and wine and mix well. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Gradually add the heavy cream and stir and cook until thickened. Stir in the other tbs. of Creole seasoning and the Parmesan cheese, and stir until blended. Serve over fettuccini pasta, with fresh steamed broccoli, and French bread, and maybe a nice glass of white wine. Bon appetit! 
 


23 comments:

Joanne said...

Marguerite, can you set out another place setting for me? Wow, that looks divine!

And hooray for Talli, she is so deserving of success, and I hope she makes it to #1 :)

Eddie Bluelights said...

Make that three places, Marguerite!! I'm just boarding the plane for New Orleans!! LOL. I'll look out for you in the peeked hat driving the limo. This meal looks divine (Joanne came up with the right word), 'Mana' from Heaven!
Oh and I will look up Talli's blog. If us mere men are allowed to see it ROFL.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Not much more exciting than to have a book released... Congrats to your friend. great photo, would welcome a nice big bowl of that right now!

Looks very good!

Malisa said...

I cannot wait to try this recipe! I tell you, girlfriend, your recipes are the absolute best on the web!

Malisa

Kittie Howard said...

It's 4:45 pm and starvation is a real possibility...could you pretty please pass that plate here??

Talli's on my sidebar. I've got the download app for this evening (will definitely buy the paperback when it comes out) and am hoping her debut makes the bigs. She's a great gal!

Susanna Powers said...

This recipe looks yummy. Thanks very much for the inspiration, sp

Dee said...

My husband would love this! I might have to try this one out soon!

Talli Roland said...

Merci Merci! Thank you so much for your help and support spreading the word! I really appreciate it! :)

John said...

That looks like a substantial meal; difficult to dance after that!

Marguerite said...

Joanne- Thanks, would love to have you over for dinner, anytime! Hope you give this recipe a try! You are so right about Talli and I'm sure that she will!

Eddie- The table is getting crowded, lol but the more the merrier, cher! Please do pay Talli a visit, and of course, men are allowed! lol

Dave- Merci cher, you need to make this dish, soon! It won't disappoint and it's so easy! Thanks for stopping by!

Malisa- So good to hear from you! Thanks so much for the lovely compliment and for coming by! So glad you like them!

Kittie- I would send you a plate if I could, cher, but guess you'll have to make it, instead! It's sinful and so easy, too! Yes, she is and her book is selling like crazy!

sussah- Thanks, so glad you like it and hope that you give it a try! You're welcome, cher!

Drick said...

that is one fine plate of fettuccine ... I do one very similar but I just love your ingredients that I know this is going to be my favorite

Laura said...

Marguerite-
I know you are tired of hearing me say this-
BUT
you need to write a cookbook!
That looks amazing!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Linda Starr said...

Hum, that sounds tasty and a good book recommendation too, just what I need on this cold morning. thanks.

Mary Bergfeld said...

It really looks delicious and I'd welcome a place at your table. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

nanny said...

Just whipped up a gourmet dinner from the pantry......gosh, you're good!!!!ha It looks wonderful!
Will check out the book, now.

Magic of Spice said...

Wow, all of this goodness was in your fridge...lucky friend you have my dear :) Delicious!
I will stop by to see your blogger friend too :)

yaya said...

I hopped over from another blog and what a treat I've found here! I love your recipes and pics that go with them. I agree with Laura, a cookbook of cajun cooking is needed. I enjoy blogger friends from other countries, but what I love about the good 'ol USA are the diverse cultures we have here with different foods, customs and even language. Thanks for the fun trip!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Tweeted and FB's for dear Tallie :-D

stopping to say Hellloooo!

Pat Tillett said...

Yum! That looks pretty good for something thrown together at the last minute. Actually, it looks much better than "pretty good!"

Go Talli....

Velva said...

It is always wonderful when you can look into your pantry, see what you have and create a dish that is enjoyable. I think it is a sign of a good cook :-)

Awesome pasta dish.

Velva

Marguerite said...

Dee- Thanks, I sure hope you do! He will love you for it cher! Merci for coming by!

Talli- You're so welcome! Your book is awesome! Congrats and best wishes for continued success! Cheers!

John- Thanks, it's quite filling and you might have to wait an hour before dancing! lol

Drick- Merci beaucoup for your lovely comment, cher! It's very easy and I hope you try it! Enjoy!

Laura- Thanks, cher! I've been working very hard on my cookbook, and am finally getting closer to publishing it! YAY!

Linda- Thanks, the fettuccini is divine, cher! At least it's not snowing! You're welcome, cher!

Arlee Bird said...

Talli has really gotten some blogwide support!

She deserves some of that fettucine as a reward for her success this past week.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Cloudia said...

NOW you makin me hungry!




Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>