Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cajun Holiday Cookout + Bayou Boogie

We're in the dog days of summer here in Cajun country and we've been trying to stay cool with some yummy cold drinks and lots of dips in the pool. And it's almost time for one of my favorite holidays so we'll be firing up the grill for our Fourth Of July cookout with some sinfully delicious grilled Cajun faves with all of the trimmings. Here's what I have so far and I'm sure that I'll be adding more before it's all over with. Bon Appetit!

Strawberry Lemonade

1 (1/2) cups sugar
4 cups water
2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, washed, and cut in half
1 cup lemon juice, 4 large lemons

Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in small saucepan and cook and stir on medium heat until dissolved. Set aside to cool.

Combine the remaining 3 cups water, 1/2 cup sugar, and the strawberries in blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a 2 quart pitcher and add cooled sugar mixture and lemon juice. Stir well and add crushed ice. Garnish with lemon slices and strawberries.

^^^^^^
Frozen Pina Coladas

1 1/2 oz. light rum
2 oz. cream of coconut
4 oz. pineapple juice
1 cup fresh frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup crushed ice

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy! Serve in your favorite cocktail glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge.


^^^^^^
Fourth Of July Cookout Menu

 Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos

12 large jalapenos, seeded and cut in half
1 lb. bacon, cut in thirds
4 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces of grated pepper jack cheese
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup onions, chopped fine
Salt to taste

 



Combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, onions,  and salt in a medium sized bowl. Mix well. Fill the jalapenos and wrap each one with a bacon strip. Secure with toothpicks.  Grill on medium hot grill for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.

^^^^^^
(click on title to view recipe)

Spicy Cajun Crawfish Bread



Cajun Jalapeno Cheeseburgers


Spicy Drunken Shrimp Skewers















Cajun Grilled Chicken Wings



 Cajun Rice Dressing














Loaded Baked Potato Salad



Creole Shrimp and Pasta Salad
















Garlic Herb Bread













Nanny's Lemon Icebox Pie















Strawberry Shortcake Muffins




I'll be sharing these at ~

Wishing ya'll a fun, happy, and safe holiday! Merci beaucoup for stopping by!

^^^^^^
Bayou Boogie

Here's a little clip of one of my favorite bands. Andre Theirry and Zydeco Magic were really rockin' the crowd at this year's Gator by the Bay festival. Crank it up for this one, cher and let the good times roll!

17 comments:

Cloudia said...

Hey Cher!!!!!!
Just thinking about you.
Now I'm hungry!



ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3
> < } } ( ° >
> < 3 3 3 ( ' >

Linda Starr said...

oh that first drink looks so refreshing, hope you are doing well sounds like it by all the wonderful recipes and photos of your amazing cooking.

Big Dude said...

It all looks good but I especially like the potato and the pasta salads.

Grandma Bonnie said...

I have got to try your Strawberry Lemonade. It will be perfect for our reunion. I stopped by from Monday Mingle. Hope you stop over for a visit.

lastrick said...

Can't wait to get back to hot, humid, stifling Louisiana...we're in Montana now....88 and dryyyyyy.

Martha said...

Everything is so yummy looking as always! You are going to have to hop back over to my blog for the drink up link up :)

Michelle B said...

Whoa! I'd like to sample everything! Hope you enjoy your 4th.

Michelle B said...

Thanks for linking!

Eddie Bluelights said...

It ALL looks sinfully delicious, so YES to everything please! I somehow think if I lived over there I would have stood no chance of losing the 28 pounds or so I managed to lose here. Aren't I good? . . . . . and I am fit enough to do a boogie with you.

James Ory Theall said...

Sounds wonderful. Just got home from a great crab cake dinner & a crab & lobster Louie salad - AND OF COURSE, some very refreshing adulterated tonic water! Visit my web site http://www.jamesorytheall.com/ and then visit my blog. You will love my books! James Ory Theall, Author

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hello there louisianalady! so good to be back over in cajunland where everything is deliciously bright and beautiful! what a spread you've put together! hope you and yours had a fab fourth! much love and affection - jenean

Miz Helen said...

Bonjour Marguerite,
It is always good to party with you, no better food or music anywhere! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Ann from Michigan said...

Congrats Marguerite,

I saw your blog mentioned in Louisiana Cookin magazine this month.

Now the world will know how great your blog is.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, my I make my order, or hand me a plate and let me fill it up. I am drooling on my keyboard. We have got to try your Drunken Shrimp Skewers, Spicy Crawfish Bread (although crawfish is not something you can find in our local super markets)and your Grilled stuffed Jalapenos. Maybe we just need to use our saved up air miles and head down to Cajun country.
Oh, and I love that photo at the top of your blog, what a pretty area, Do you have alligators visit your dock?
Come over and check out our 4th of July photos. We final finished our re-do on Gypsy Rose and took her out for a long sail on the 4th. Have a happy day, Steve

Woodworkin' & Good Eats said...

Hi Marguerite, I'm the unknown comment before this one: I don't know what was going on with my blog address. The invite is still open, come check out our photos, Steve

Martha said...

Aren't you overdue for an update? Hope all is well :)

Emily said...

As always, all of your dishes look amazing!